Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the last champ to unify their division and reign for 1 year+ w/ activity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the last champ to unify their division and reign for 1 year+ w/ activity

Tell me who this was please? It seems like there is no titlist who seeks to unify their division or at least doesn't make it.

jermain taylor?

Comment

Hopkins????????????

Comment

Tim Bradley.

Comment

I'm guessing you mean all major titles which means undisputed? To many titles and orgs stripping people prevent it from happening.

Comment

Vic Darchinyan

Comment

Umm okay how about I rephrase this,

Who was the last fighter in any single weight division to grab ONE out of FOUR major abc titles (IBF, WBC, WBA, WBO) then go on to face the next 3 INDIVIDUAL Champions and take their titles? I can think of BHop or Jones Jr.? I don't know the dates, but as my small boxing knowledge can bring out those are the two I can think of.

So yes, the last undisputed champion of any division was??

I believe the last three to do this are Jones Jr., BHop? And if you go back older where the WBO wasn't recognized as much was it Tyson & Holyfield?

Comment

I know the answer but explain why you want to know this answer.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
                  Umm okay how about I rephrase this,

Who was the last fighter in any single weight division to grab ONE out of FOUR major abc titles (IBF, WBC, WBA, WBO) then go on to face the next 3 INDIVIDUAL Champions and take their titles? I can think of BHop or Jones Jr.? I don't know the dates, but as my small boxing knowledge can bring out those are the two I can think of.

So yes, the last undisputed champion of any division was??

I believe the last three to do this are Jones Jr., BHop? And if you go back older where the WBO wasn't recognized as much was it Tyson & Holyfield?
                  Chicken joe never fully unified as he never fought dariusz Michalczewski for the wbo or lineal title, if you count 3 of 4 unified then wladimir klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                    Chicken joe never fully unified as he never fought dariusz Michalczewski for the wbo or lineal title, if you count 3 of 4 unified then wladimir klitschko.
                    I don't count the Klits, yes I know they are brothers, but one of them has the damn title that Wlad needs to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champ.

The only fighters I previously stated who did do it now that I looked it up would be: Tyson(I believe nobody cared for the WBO as it had just hit the scene) and BHop.

You could count RJJ, but he didn't get the WBO either and since I wasn't into Boxing back in those days I don't know how much of a threat the WBO Champs were back then (Barber, Michalczewski, and Gonzalez).

Comment

Working...
                    X