Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000 calerie deficit how long till I get a 6 pack abs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 calerie deficit how long till I get a 6 pack abs?

Im 210 lbs about 17 pc body fat

I want a 6 pack of abs, so im working out with weights some cardio and im only consuming 1500 a day.

Realistically how long till I get visible 6 pack of abs approximately? (and a good face again)

Also how much does total weight go down? My weight doesn't seem to go down much my fat seems to go down faster than my weight.

Depends how tall you are. Good tip for burning fat though is 3500 calories= 1lb of fat so if you burn 4500 a day and only eat 1000 then effectively burned 1lb of fat off your body

Comment

12% body fat is generally when you can somewhat see abs. You'd need to lose 5% of your body weight to get there which would be a little over 10lb. this is assuming your 17% body fat is accurate. If you're saying your face is chubby it's probably higher than 17%. How did you calculate your body fat percentage.

If you train hard every day you'd expend roughly 4000 calories a day. That would leave you at a 2500 calorie deficit.

There's 3500 calories in a pound of fat and you need to lose 10lb so that's 35000 calories. If you lose 2500 calories a day that's 14 days.

That's a really big caloric deficit, but if you can actually maintain it you'll drop weight very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
        12% body fat is generally when you can somewhat see abs. You'd need to lose 5% of your body weight to get there which would be a little over 10lb. this is assuming your 17% body fat is accurate. If you're saying your face is chubby it's probably higher than 17%. How did you calculate your body fat percentage.

If you train hard every day you'd expend roughly 4000 calories a day. That would leave you at a 2500 calorie deficit.

There's 3500 calories in a pound of fat and you need to lose 10lb so that's 35000 calories. If you lose 2500 calories a day that's 14 days.

That's a really big caloric deficit, but if you can actually maintain it you'll drop weight very quickly.

Face fat comes easy to me, can already see the outlines of a 6 pack but its also obviously covered in a layer of fat too and I dont mean like Ehonda you coont

Im losing 1000 calories a day

So maintenance is about 2500, 2000 is slow loss 1500 is fast loss

I think it will take half a year
        Last edited by AlexKid; 04-03-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Face fat comes easy to me, can already see the outlines of a 6 pack but its also obviously covered in a layer of fat too and I dont mean like Ehonda you coont

Im losing 1000 calories a day

So maintenance is about 2500, 2000 is slow loss 1500 is fast loss

I think it will take half a year
          with 35000 calories to lose from 10lb of fat and 1000 calorie deficit a day it would take 35 days to lose 10 lb. It's simple math.

Comment

with 35000 calories to lose from 10lb of fat and 1000 calorie deficit a day it would take 35 days to lose 10 lb. It's simple math.
            Agreed with the maths, but you a working on the assumption that every day is a constant, no fatigue, no injury, no sickness and all training sessions are equal, you dont have an anniversary dinner, kids party, work late, you know the real world stuff

whilst i do not disagree with HeadonisticsFrog's numbers, Realistically, throwing in real world variables such as above i would say 70-90 days

Comment

But yes, 12% is considered the average male golden number, some will find it at 14% some 11%

Also it is very hard to measure yourself with calipers and those machines at your local pharmacy where you put a coin in and it does your height/weight/BMI and you hold the electrodes for the body % have shown huge inaccuracy's and swings between machines

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                Agreed with the maths, but you a working on the assumption that every day is a constant, no fatigue, no injury, no sickness and all training sessions are equal, you dont have an anniversary dinner, kids party, work late, you know the real world stuff

whilst i do not disagree with HeadonisticsFrog's numbers, Realistically, throwing in real world variables such as above i would say 70-90 days
                Is that a loss from fat or muscle?

Comment

are you sure it will come off fat at that rate and not muscle and fat together?

Comment

so whats the rate of loss 2lbs a week for how many calories? Pure fat ?

So 3,500 calories for 1 pound of fat 7000 a week for 2?

How do you know how many lbs = fat loss as apposed to just weight loss?

Losing 10lbs is meaningless to me I want to loose 10lbs of fat
                    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-04-2017, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X