No announcement yet.

Froch "Ward is not in Floyd's league, his style is disgusting"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
    Dunno about you but I believe Froch or I trust him a lot more with his honesty than Ward, Ward track record with telling the truth isn't exactly great.
    Ward offered to rematch Froch in the UK and Froch still turned him down. One time in the ring vs. Ward was enough for him. Obvious, shameful duck by Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
      Sorta different now considering he is no longer professionally fighting, its his job to give his opinion as an analyst/commentator and whatever other role he has with Sky.
      But you shouldn't be judging someone's style when you're style is ugly af too. It's like some ugly ass dude calling another dude ugly.
      Originally posted by mlac View Post
      lol.

Froch has been one of the most exciting super middleweights in recent history, in some of the most exciting fights that will be remembered for a long time.

Ward will be remembered for holding, spoiling and potshotting his way to decision victories and retiring after most people thought he lost his last fight.

Why does it upset you for someone to point out the obvious?

are you seriously trying to say Ward's style is exciting?
      You still quoting me putting words in my mouth? Or does your reading comprehension really lack? Who said I'm upset? I don't even care about Ward. And this isn't about excitement either. I guess if we're gonna rate fighters by excitement Froch is an ATG and Mayweather is a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        But you shouldn't be judging someone's style when you're style is ugly af too. It's like some ugly ass dude calling another dude ugly.

You still quoting me putting words in my mouth? Or does your reading comprehension really lack? Who said I'm upset? I don't even care about Ward. And this isn't about excitement either. I guess if we're gonna rate fighters by excitement Froch is an ATG and Mayweather is a nobody.
        take it ez bud, you seemed on the defensive, so i naturally assumed you were arguing the opposite with the glass houses comment.

The thread is about Ward's style not his status. Mayweather WAS in exciting fight's...not many, but there was a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          take it ez bud, you seemed on the defensive, so i naturally assumed you were arguing the opposite with the glass houses comment.

The thread is about Ward's style not his status. Mayweather WAS in exciting fight's...not many, but there was a handful.
          I'm not trying to argue anything.

My comment simply said that Froch did not have the most beautiful style in boxing. Him trying to diminish a fighter based on style is also in a way diminishing himself cause the same thing could be said about him.

I wasn't even trying to argue or debate about this because like I said, I like Froch and I respect him as well. So, I'm not trying to badmouth the guy either.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            I'm not trying to argue anything.

My comment simply said that Froch did not have the most beautiful style in boxing. Him trying to diminish a fighter based on style is also in a way diminishing himself cause the same thing could be said about him.

I wasn't even trying to argue or debate about this because like I said, I like Froch and I respect him as well. So, I'm not trying to badmouth the guy either.
            I don't think he's trying to diminish him, he's just pointing out the obvious...which is ward's style is very boring and ugly to watch.

It's not about beauty, it's about excitement, and Froch certainly had a very exciting style. saw Froch V Pascal for the first time in year's the other day....what a goddamn WAR

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              I disagree.

Ward IS in Floyd's league.

Comment

I agree with Froch to an extent.

A lot of what Ward is good at is his ability to stop a fight breaking out at any cost. He's a top, top fighter but I wouldn't stay up to watch him fight unless it's against Kovalev. Even then I am not sure.

With Floyd you would get up at silly O'clock to watch him take the piss out of Carlos Baldomir.

Comment

Ward is an excellent fighter and his best skill is, making it tough on his opponent and surviving 12!

Mayweather is a great fighter and one of the best of all time, his best skill was his adjustments during the fight and ingenuity in the ring!

Froch is a awesome fighter and one of the best UK fighters of all time and in the exclusive club of definition of a warrior! His best skill was his never say die attitude and heart!

All guys are exceptionally solid and different styles!
                  That said, i agree with Froch to an extent, I can watch SOG but i can't watch a guy like Miguel Vazquez!

I think Ward is in Mayweather's league just that unlike Floyd, he's faced a guy who's better at "boxing" than him and lossed it to whoever has a boxing brain without bias!

Ward vs Kovalev rematch needs to happen!

Comment

Ward does have an ugly style but just like Mayweather he always wins.Ward beat Froch by a wide margin and apparently Froch never forgave him for that.

Comment

Carl is calling spade a spade.

Comment

Working...
                      X