Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia Plans on Making One More Title Defense at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post

looked him up on BoxRec.

45 wins over Argentinean bums and only 2 KO's?
    he likes to punish his opponents and wow the crowd with his nifty boxing moves.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      And the funny thing is the IBF strap should be Garcia's cause Matthysse/Pete was a non-title fight.

I'd be interested in a Garcia/Peterson fight regardless though.
      I hear ya, that catchweight bugged the crap out of me.

What was up with that anyways? At first I figured it was Peterson asking for a safety net, but then people started saying it was Matthysse who wanted it cause should he win the IBF title he wouldn't be in position to get a shot at Danny (which sounds preposterous to me, but with boxing and its dumbass politics, who knows).

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
        I hear ya, that catchweight bugged the crap out of me.

What was up with that anyways? At first I figured it was Peterson asking for a safety net, but then people started saying it was Matthysse who wanted it cause should he win the IBF title he wouldn't be in position to get a shot at Danny (which sounds preposterous to me, but with boxing and its dumbass politics, who knows).
        The WBC doesn't allow unificatons for interim belts. If Matthysse lost he would lose his interim strap and if he won he would have lost it regardless and became the IBF champ. So Peterson was basically like "if his strap isn't on the line then I'm not putting mine up either."

Comment

Would love to see Alvarado

Comment

No rematch anytime soon, as Matthysse is out for a year with the broken orbital bone. And he knows he shouldnt be fighting the man that broke it until it properly heals. Now we know his power doesnt affect Garcia like people thought it would, so he's gonna be in for another grueling fight so that is gonna probably happen at 147

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              The WBC doesn't allow unificatons for interim belts. If Matthysse lost he would lose his interim strap and if he won he would have lost it regardless and became the IBF champ. So Peterson was basically like "if his strap isn't on the line then I'm not putting mine up either."
              Makes sense, I guess. Could have just as easily call Matthysse mandatory challenger, I'm sure he wouldn't have lost that if he won a different belt, but whatever, it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                Might as well go grab the IBF title. Peterson still holds that one, right? Could be fun imo.
                this. if he can leave 140 as undisputed champ he's got as much of a case for a floyd fight as anyone.

Comment

Lucas tards praying for one last hope lol

Comment

I'd favor matthysse in a rematch cause i'm still a bandwagon fan

Comment

Is Peterson at that Zab level at this point? Good looking wins, terrible looking losses. They have similar up and down careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X