No announcement yet.

Remember when Roman Gonzalez was to ten P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    He fought this weekend. Just proves OP's point that he isn't cared about anymore.

Hell, I didn't know he fought until the next day.
    lol exactly....I didnt know either. And when i heard about it it made me think. Wow this dude was talked about all the time. Expectations were high best p4p in the world and then....crickets!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      He was deservedly #1. Prime Gonzalez was a beast!
      This right here.

He had his prime before he even got to HBO. Just too bad the casuals didn't get to see him until he had already aged. And he got robbed in the first SSR fight!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        lol exactly....I didnt know either. And when i heard about it it made me think. Wow this dude was talked about all the time. Expectations were high best p4p in the world and then....crickets!
        Shows how this sport has become though. You’re loved until you take an L.

Never used to be like that. My dad visited this weekend and we watched the PBC card. My dads a boxing fan from the 70’s and 80’s so when he saw their records he didn’t sweat the L’s he just asked who they were against.

Comment

Chocolatito was good while it lasted. Some don’t bounce back from defeat.

Comment

I thought he was deservedly ranked p4p number 1, honestly his biggest wins probably came before he got on HBO and even then he was still pretty dominant up until he fought Cuadras.... by then the size factor had begun to work against him. People forgot about him now but real ones know Roman was a beast and his fights were always very entertaining. Not many execute “hit and not get hit” while coming forward as relentlessly as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              All these media guys were blowing him up as a super star. He loses twice by the same guy and nobody knows him anymore. I mean WBC got him #2WbA 3 or 4 or something like that. But nobody else even has him rated anymore.

Kinda makes you think how they praise Crawford and Spence right now as the big it show and Roman Gonzalez was like 46-0-39 kos. Its amazing how your stock can tumble to turds by a simple loss.
              I never understood that? I remember HBO was hyping up kid BIG too! Max was speaking all excited about him.

Then that Filipino fighter Brian something Hawaiian Punch guy almost stopped him in their fight with a body shot right? He was roughing him up for a few rounds.

I wasn't impressed by him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Shows how this sport has become though. You’re loved until you take an L.

Never used to be like that. My dad visited this weekend and we watched the PBC card. My dads a boxing fan from the 70’s and 80’s so when he saw their records he didn’t sweat the L’s he just asked who they were against.
                Im say way. An L dont mean youre a lame or not a great fighter. And a 0 doesnt mean youre the greatest.

Like wilder. He hits hard AF but hes not the best boxer at all. And when his 0 goes away and guys begin chopping away at his % and hes exposed. He will only be thought of in any fight as a guy who is always dangerous...and thats it. They wont be tooting his horn anymore. and thats sad but true how the networks and casuals view the guys. As the saying goes..."Youre only good as your last fight". So true.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                  I never understood that? I remember HBO was hyping up kid BIG too! Max was speaking all excited about him.

Then that Filipino fighter Brian something Hawaiian Punch guy almost stopped him in their fight with a body shot right? He was roughing him up for a few rounds.

I wasn't impressed by him.
                  Yeah i think the kid was from Thailand if i remember right. Dude just had his number. He loss the decision and wanted to get his get back. And got KOd trying.

He is still a good fighter. Once he comes back and wins a strap again they will be riding his wagon again im sure. But these guys will go Mike Jones on your azz quick. when your hot they're on you. When your not they're gone.

Comment

Dude was great but once again it's proven that a fighter only gets so much prime.

Comment

In the post-Ward & Mayweather p4p vacuum, he was deservedly no.1 p4p.

Comment

Working...
                      X