Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters would have beat Salido in their 2nd pro fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT Lomachenko, that much we know already.

Comment

Being 25yrs old and in ur second pro fight is on Loma, he was a grown ass man. Boxing all his life. Can’t compare him to sum Sixteen year old. They screwed up, he has a loss will never be undefeated and never worth as much as he coulda been if he wasent.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
        What fighters in history would have beaten a 55 fight veteran, former world champion in their 2nd pro fight?
        Exactly!!
        Arum sent Loma into the Lion’s den. Losing that fight actually benefited Loma as a fighter. He learned he could lose.
        I bet Salido at 8.5-1. I couldn’t believe the odds & really couldn’t believe that Arum set that bout up.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          Mikey Garcia for one
          In his second fight, Mikey fought a guy who was 0-1.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Mark Breland by wide UD
            Brelands second fight was against a guy who had 7 fights in 2 years. Not likely he would have beaten Salido but a better chance than the guy mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
              The elite ones, elite fighters ain't losing to no one with 14 losses, 4 draws, and a no contest...that's about 20 fights of ls

I recall fmj telling gatti, he'll never lose to a fighter with five losses...well I view the near 20L fighter with such disdain like a young Floyd...

If Loma believed his skillset he woulda ran it back, real champions don't concede on a l, they want to run it back like a man would... smoke n mirrors...real champs like manny and Floyd ain't want nobody having moral victories over them
              Yea, floyd was so elite in his second fight, he fought a guy with a whopping one win in 2 whole fights.

Comment

There was nothing special about Salido during his fight with Loma other than being physical and slightly dirty. Loma learned a valuable lesson. It ain’t happening again. Loma never retaliated. That was his problem.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  This is silly. No other hall of famers have that out of his world extensive amateur and olympic career. Plus those pro-am type fights he had. In this hypothetical scenario you have to assume those guys would have close to 400 am fights and go pro at 26-27.
                  I thought amateur record doesnt matter though? Thats what people have been saying for the last few years to downplay Loma and Golovkin. Now it matters?

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                    Being 25yrs old and in ur second pro fight is on Loma, he was a grown ass man. Boxing all his life. Can’t compare him to sum Sixteen year old. They screwed up, he has a loss will never be undefeated and never worth as much as he coulda been if he wasent.
                    What 16 year old are you talking about?

Comment

No one that is fighting in that division now...with Salido using his cheating tactics in the ring and on the scales by intentionally overweighing to bully his opponent. Loma almost beat him and knocked him out in the last round, but it was just not enough to convince the judges and he got a split decision loss in a fight that could have gone either way really. I wouldnt call it a devastating loss tho, he learned alot from it

Comment

Working...
                      X