Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua-Klitschko Dec 10th on Showtime. Stacked evening card!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    So no Golovkin-Jacobs then?
    Or maybe Showtime is serious about aggressively going after the GGG-Jacobs fight.

Comment

I thought Klit signed a 3 fight deal with HBo starting with Jennings & Joshua signed up with Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        I thought Klit signed a 3 fight deal with HBo starting with Jennings & Joshua signed up with Showtime
        5 fight deal with RTL & it was before Fury fight.. He doesn't have a deal with HBO like the regular HBO guys like GGG/Kovalev..

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Really? I thought the 3-fight deal began with Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            So no Golovkin-Jacobs then?
            Am I missing something here? If HBO are letting Wlad-AJ go to Showtime, surely that would imply HBO have left room for GGG-Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              5 fight deal with RTL & it was before Fury fight.. He doesn't have a deal with HBO like the regular HBO guys like GGG/Kovalev..

Thanks for he info

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Really? I thought the 3-fight deal began with Pulev.
              Your right, did a Google search and it started with the Pulev fight

Sweet looks Like this fights can be done, I thought that was a hold up and thought HEARN would talk about this and switch in someone else, Props to him and both fighters if it gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I don't know what this means for GGG-Jacobs but this is a great card. The way it was explained is Showtime gets this fight and HBO gets there rematch

[/QUOTE]

If Showtime is confirmed to have gotten the TV rights for Joshua-Klitschko, Dec 10th becomes a night where Showtime is going to go big with fights. Zlaticanin-Garcia and Charlo-Williams is definitely a really good doubleheader, but not sure if that's the biggest that Showtime could get for the night, tbh.

Purely spitballing here, but Jacobs-Blanco (or even the actual Golovkin-Jacobs fight), Zlaticanin-Garcia, and Charlo-Williams (from Barclays Center in Brooklyn; less than two hours away from Philly), paired with a re-air of the matinee Joshua-Klitschko fight would be an absolutely great night of fights.
                Last edited by Scipio2009; 10-17-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  If this is true i am surprised Wlad is agreeing ,im assuming the net works are why the rematches have to take place for the fight to happen so both networks get a piece of the $$

This will benefit Joshua however , i wouldn't favor Wlad at all even if he wins the first match.
                  If Klitschko gets stopped by Joshua, after losing his belts to Fury in their fight, does Klitschko even bother with coming back for the rematch though?

He'd already be 41 by the time a rematch would even manifest, after 20 years as a professional heavyweight boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
                    Am I missing something here? If HBO are letting Wlad-AJ go to Showtime, surely that would imply HBO have left room for GGG-Jacobs?
                    I guess it could still happen but why would Al let his fighter go to HBO to counterprogram Showtime's card when Al is in bed with Showtime?

Comment

HBO has US rights to Klitschko like the Jennings fight with was at MSG.
                      Do they have overseas rights too?
                      That's a whole different thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X