No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paddy Barnes Taken To Hospital After Knockout Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paddy Barnes Taken To Hospital After Knockout Defeat

Paddy Barnes was taken to hospital in the wake of his world title defeat. The three-time Olympian was knocked out inside four rounds by Cristofer Rosales on Saturday. Barnes took on the Nicaraguan and was attempting to snag his WBC world flyweight title in front of a boisterous Windsor Park crowd in Belfast, exclusively live on BT Sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

wow from a body shot?

Comment

I hope he recovers from whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        wow from a body shot?
        He was hit right in the gut dead center while he was open and the guy was doing body work the whole fight.

Comment

yeah that was one solid body shot. he was on the floor for a minute afterwards.

Comment

That body shot was scary

When I saw that body shot, I felt that pain in my mind. I am going to have nightmare for the few month about that body shot. I hope Paddy Barnes is alright and the best wishes to him in his career. Get well my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              wow from a body shot?
              Could be anything, maybe even feeling delayed effects from head shots. Hopefully not

Comment

Early action of this flyweight donnybrook. Paddy took a lot of damaged in the four rounds.

Comment

I know they probably demanded it themselves but I think it was negligent match-making to throw Paddy Barnes and Jamie Conlan into world title shots against legitimate champions when they were so clearly not even close to being ready. Charlie Edwards too, for an example from the other side of the street. Is it because of their size that these champions were not given due respect?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    I know they probably demanded it themselves but I think it was negligent match-making to throw Paddy Barnes and Jamie Conlan into world title shots against legitimate champions when they were so clearly not even close to being ready. Charlie Edwards too, for an example from the other side of the street. Is it because of their size that these champions were not given due respect?
                    Dont forget Lu Bin and Zou Shiming, both also hospitalized and potentially ruined. The lighter-weights are no joke, sink or swim in deep waters.

The trend appears to be steady with Mikhail Aloyan challenging Zolani Tete for the WBO bantamweight title and it gets even harder if he advances into the WBSS semi-finals.

Comment

Working...
                    X