Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua on Leaving SHO for DAZN: Business is Not About Loyalty!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnP2 View Post
    Additionally, it's not like American boxing fans are outside of Showtime studios holding torches, threatening to storm the place because AJ is not on there anymore.

I mean Clarissa Shields does better numbers that AJ here, so...pfft. Who cares?
    fuk showtime and al gaymon!

Comment

"i am swerving deontay like the plague."

Comment

"Eddie's Adventure" with DANZ is a 2 year deal with an 6 year option!
        when eddie fail with Dazn (the option won't be picked up), they will be
        back begging for that Big Al money! Mark my words TWO YEARS!

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          hopefully PEDvetkin comes juiced to the eyeballs and knocks AJ tf out.
          then he'll knock out beyonce wilder if wilder decides not to chicken out again. wilder ducked povetkin. FACTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            stop pricing yourself out beyonce wilder you fuking diva. mind your place like the b side you are.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
              Come on now. You are making it sound like AJ is this struggling kid coming from nowhere. He is an Olympic champion. Look at how Audley Harrison and Amir Khan were fast tracked - people in the UK wanted to see them from day 1. Showtime didn't discover AJ.

Networks aren't 'loyal'. They will drop a fighter when it suits them. Why should fighters be any different? Joshua is speaking up against the old model where fighters were groomed and guided with no say on what happens to them. You have to do what's best for you - just as networks do what's best for them.
              Real talk

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                Yeah, I also seem to remember him extending his time with Hearn being about loyalty... Joshua’s rise was great to get behind but since he’s reached the ‘top’ a year or so ago, it’s all been pretty unbearable to keep up with.
                I agree fully, was a big fan of his on his way up.

Used to catch all of his videos on YouTube.

Now I won’t watch one because he comes off wrong to me now for some reason.

Comment

You read comments from posters that you have respect for then you just shake your head. There has been only one or two posters who can hold their head high in this Joshua/Wilder debate from Wilder side of things, the rest have turn to emotional, immature little children. All this over a fight that might happen in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    “My promoter is paying me a *****load of money to fight on his new network”

Comment

Originally posted by Vae Victis View Post
                      "it's about making the right decisions for your career," Joshua told CBS Sports. Yup, it is. Just like backing out on fifty-million dollars confirmed.
                      haha

Wilder's best payday is 2.1mil and he backed out on 15mil guaranteed, confirmed. AJ is going to make 5x that at least fighting Povetkin (10mil+) and he has endorsements that bring in millions more.

21 fights and earned over 50 mil, what has Wilder earned in his 40 fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X