Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares vs Donaire would be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      Yep, I heard about that. Who is he with? GBP?
      yes, his promoter is still GBP. He will take a quick fight in Aug on Versus. (if everything goes well) and then will be on the Marquez-Mayweather undercard

Comment

I'm so sick of these kinds of articles. The next this and the next that. Haven't we learned our lesson already? Don't curse the kid or put extra pressure on him. Let him develop and if he becomes great, then he will be the FIRST Abner Mares...

I'm so tired of this constant hyping up of fighters that only serves to add extra disappointment when they get beat.

Comment

Another Xcaret-backed fighters that will get jinxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
            I'm so sick of these kinds of articles. The next this and the next that. Haven't we learned our lesson already? Don't curse the kid or put extra pressure on him. Let him develop and if he becomes great, then he will be the FIRST Abner Mares...

I'm so tired of this constant hyping up of fighters that only serves to add extra disappointment when they get beat.
            i hear you on that. And I agree its not good to over hype a fighter. But I feel Mares is a good fighter with a good head on his shoulders. And he's really ambitious. He's been out of action(due to an injury) and wants to stop "talking" about what he wants to do...And just do it.

But we don't want to rush any of our fighters into something that we believe they can not handle. If one of our fighters are not progressing as we like, we have no problem slowing things down a bit till they are on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Another Xcaret-backed fighters that will get jinxed.

Comment

Originally posted by alphaqfrankie View Post
                i hear you on that. And I agree its not good to over hype a fighter. But I feel Mares is a good fighter with a good head on his shoulders. And he's really ambitious. He's been out of action(due to an injury) and wants to stop "talking" about what he wants to do...And just do it.

But we don't want to rush any of our fighters into something that we believe they can not handle. If one of our fighters are not progressing as we like, we have no problem slowing things down a bit till they are on the right track.
                Btw, I bought 5th row tickets to the HDC for Rafa/Izzy 3. Props to you guys for helping Izzy recover properly. Though I admit I'm a Marquez fan, that fight was one for the ages.

If you guys do a fourth, I guarantee you sell out Staples Center. Having said that please do a fourth one, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
                  Btw, I bought 5th row tickets to the HDC for Rafa/Izzy 3. Props to you guys for helping Izzy recover properly. Though I admit I'm a Marquez fan, that fight was one for the ages.

If you guys do a fourth, I guarantee you sell out Staples Center. Having said that please do a fourth one, lol...
                  Thanks man! What a fight huh? Both guys are huge warriors. Vazquez is looking to come back in September. Staples Center.....hmmmm.... that sounds like a good idea. You never know!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alphaqfrankie View Post
                    Thanks man! What a fight huh? Both guys are huge warriors. Vazquez is looking to come back in September. Staples Center.....hmmmm.... that sounds like a good idea. You never know!!!!
                    Thats an L.A fight all the way. With Iz being from H.P and their huge Mejicano fanbases, Staples would be packed.
                    If Tony Margarito could sell it out by himself then these two guys could surely do it between the two of them.

Comment

just 1 thing....

he should of stayed with nacho...
                      :/

Comment

Working...
                      X