Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrested teen says his teacher called the police on him for wearing a bandana to...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the difference between a bandana and a do rag?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
      why cant u just listen to what the school says... why is everything such a drama these days. they should have expelled the kids who wore the bandanas in protest too.
      This whole thing started because some kids were allowed to wear bandannas and others weren't. How do you see that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Don't know Arizona law what's the misdemeanor here exactly? You can't wear blue?
        From the article...

According to the Apache Junction Independent, Valentino was charged with disorderly conduct...

Wearing the blue bandana was a violation of school policy, the insubordination and refusal to comply with the school code and the authority of both the teacher and officer constitutes the disorderly conduct

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          This whole thing started because some kids were allowed to wear bandannas and others weren't. How do you see that situation.
          sometimes life isnt fair. there were things i got in trouble for at school that other kids didnt and vice versa. he was probably a troublemaker, his reaction and problem with authority in this episode also suggests that.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Because he was committing a Class 1 misdemeanor which carries 6 months jail time and a $3600 fine
            No he wasn't.. I'm not even an American and I can see this is incorrect.
            Arizona...

Class 1 misdemeanor- A class 1 misdemeanor is the most serious misdemeanor offense and is punishable by up to 6 months in jail, 3 years of probation (5 years maximum probation for DUI offenses) and a $2,500 fine plus surcharges. Some of the most common class 1 misdemeanor offenses include DUI, driving on a suspended license, assault, disorderly conduct, criminal damage, shoplifting and theft.
            Class 2 misdemeanor- A class 2 misdemeanor carries a maximum punishment of 4 months in jail, a $750 fine plus surcharges and 2 years of probation. Some of the most common class 2 misdemeanor offenses are reckless driving, assault, criminal trespassing in the second degree and criminal damage.
            Class 3 misdemeanor- A class 3 misdemeanor is the lowest criminal offense, but still can carry severe punishments including a maximum of 30 days in jail, 1 year of probation and a $500 fine plus surcharges. The most common class 3 misdemeanor offenses in Arizona are a form of assault, criminal trespass in the third degree and criminal speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              Whats the difference between a bandana and a do rag?
              Only a durag can get you 360 waves

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                No he wasn't.. I'm not even an American and I can see this is incorrect.
                Arizona...

Class 1 misdemeanor- A class 1 misdemeanor is the most serious misdemeanor offense and is punishable by up to 6 months in jail, 3 years of probation (5 years maximum probation for DUI offenses) and a $2,500 fine plus surcharges. Some of the most common class 1 misdemeanor offenses include DUI, driving on a suspended license, assault, disorderly conduct, criminal damage, shoplifting and theft.
                Class 2 misdemeanor- A class 2 misdemeanor carries a maximum punishment of 4 months in jail, a $750 fine plus surcharges and 2 years of probation. Some of the most common class 2 misdemeanor offenses are reckless driving, assault, criminal trespassing in the second degree and criminal damage.
                Class 3 misdemeanor- A class 3 misdemeanor is the lowest criminal offense, but still can carry severe punishments including a maximum of 30 days in jail, 1 year of probation and a $500 fine plus surcharges. The most common class 3 misdemeanor offenses in Arizona are a form of assault, criminal trespass in the third degree and criminal speeding.
                Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct: Unless the charge involves a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument, disorderly conduct is a class 1 misdemeanor. A class 1 misdemeanor carries up to 6 months jail, $3600 in fines and surcharges, and up to 3 years probation

https://tobinlawoffice.com/disorderl...a-ars-13-2904/

...seriously, you're arguing the fine amount???

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  From the article...

According to the Apache Junction Independent, Valentino was charged with disorderly conduct...

Wearing the blue bandana was a violation of school policy, the insubordination and refusal to comply with the school code and the authority of both the teacher and officer constitutes the disorderly conduct
                  Disorderly conduct is some bs cops make up when they get annoyed or whatever but that still doesn’t explain why police were involved in the 1st place

He is breaking school policy send him to the office and take whatever disciplinary action they deem fit

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                    sometimes life isnt fair. there were things i got in trouble for at school that other kids didnt and vice versa. he was probably a troublemaker, his reaction and problem with authority in this episode also suggests that.
                    Generally if you get punished for doing something others get away with it's because they weren't caught. The bandanna wearing is not something that goes under the radar. The school had to be aware of it. It was a mismanaged situation by the school administration. Like I said before the parents should have been called in. Frankly the other kids should have been told to remove their bandannas also.
                    Hey when I was young I got into numerous fights in the schoolysrd. The cops weren't called. I had to go to the principal's office and get the strap on my hands. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Disorderly conduct is some bs cops make up when they get annoyed or whatever but that still doesn’t explain why police were involved in the 1st place

He is breaking school policy send him to the office and take whatever disciplinary action they deem fit
                      They did. They saw it fit to notify the police. His refusal to comply with the rules is disorderly. The officer even have him the opportunity to correct the action and avoid legal prosecution. The offender took it upon himself to refuse

Comment

Working...
                      X