Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the following Crawford quotes make you feel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the following Crawford quotes make you feel?

Crawford: I'll go up to 147 and fight Danny Garcia for his title.

Crawford: Manny Pacquiao has to come down to 140 to fight me...

Thoughts, suggestions, concerns?

It makes me feel like someone is lying about what Crawford said.

Comment

It makes me feel like Crawford would kill Pacquiao and make every Filipino in the world commit suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        It makes me feel like someone is lying about what Crawford said.
        I guess we'll have to wait and see. Or it could mean Crawford is playing the same advantage game that every other boxer in the game plays or has played.

Comment

Crawford trainer 1000 percent said that, I've seen video. I've read articles where Crawford said it as well
          But pax wasn't fighting Crawford at any weight

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            I guess we'll have to wait and see. Or it could mean Crawford is playing the same advantage game that every other boxer in the game plays or has played.
            I haven't seen anything from Crawford just what Arum said he said.

Crawford doesn't have any advantage over Manny in any way so it defies logic that the B side would demand this.

Further defying logic is the reality that Arum promotes both fighters and he, by allowing this to happen, is costing himself money since Manny/TC will sell more than Manny/Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I haven't seen anything from Crawford just what Arum said he said.

Crawford doesn't have any advantage over Manny in any way so it defies logic that the B side would demand this.

Further defying logic is the reality that Arum promotes both fighters and he, by allowing this to happen, is costing himself money since Manny/TC will sell more than Manny/Vargas.
              I guess we'll have to see if there's validity to Arms claim. Because if that's the case, it's a complete change of events in regards to their fight situation. It makes me look at it in another light. But I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I guess we'll have to see if there's validity to Arms claim. Because if that's the case, it's a complete change of events in regards to their fight situation. It makes me look at it in another light. But I shouldn't be surprised.
                HBO not picking up the fight (and maybe wanting out of the Manny business since his anti gay comments) means after the fight Manny is a network free agent. This means he could rematch Floyd and HBO would get nothing.

by fighting Vargas, he gets an easy win that doesn't damage the possibility of the rematch happening. IMO and the opinion of a lot of boxing media, TC would be a tougher fight that Manny could lose, even though most of NSB disagrees.

Again, Manny has earned the right to fight whoever he wishes. It just seems crazy that Crawford would take a position that prevents him from such a huge payday.

Comment

Crawford: I'll go up to 147 and fight Danny Garcia for his title.

Crawford: Manny Pacquiao has to come down to 140 to fight me...

Thoughts, suggestions, concerns?
                  It just seems to me like everything Crawford's team has done is counterproductive in my opinion. As the C side, not even the B side, you keep your mouth shut until the fight is actually made then you can go running off at the mouth. Everything from his coach saying once they whoop Postol, Manny needs to go find someone else 'cos they won't commit to them to TC saying the fight has to happen at 140 is all rookie posture, if you ask me. Does that actually mean, Manny doesn't want the fight, I don't know, but I think this is more Arum's doing than Manny ducking Crawford, which I don't see either 'cos Manny at this stage has already earned the right the fight whomever he chooses. I for one think Manny actually wins that fight even at this stage. But I am more inclined to feel like Arum doesn't want it 'cos we all know what Arum wants with Manny as sad as it is (i.e Marquez 4, Bradley 3, Margarito etc), he gets as has always been the case.

Arum is probably in the background cooking up something (like a Floyd rematch) that we don't know about and feels good about the prospect of Manny getting out of a Vargas fight more intact and more ready for that fight than a Bud fight. It makes no sense to pick Vargas as Arum will be hemorrhaging money even worse than the Tim Bradley fight unless again he has something cooking in the background. I guess time will tell but assuming the 140 lbs weight stipulation is the reason for the fight not happening, then that was a rookie mistake on Crawford and his team's part. You are a really a 147lber, you make the fight, concede to the higher caliber fighter, beat him and then you can call the shots in your next outing.

Comment

I don't give a ****. Fuck Pacquiao, I am ready for him to be out of the sport already so we can stop with all this bullshit. Outside of a couple fights, Arum consistently has had him fighting subpar opposition since fuckin Clottey at 60 bucks a pop. Crawford doesn't want to mess with fighting Pacquaio? Cool, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X