No announcement yet.

Retro Gaming Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Retro Gaming Thread

Anyone here into the classic old skool games?

I've been using emulators on Raspberry Pi and my Mac.

If you're not aware of what it's all about, here's an example:

That's pretty cool but I can't play those games anymore. I'll go as far back as the Gamecube, Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Colliseum and Super Smash Bro's still hold up

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      That's pretty cool but I can't play those games anymore. I'll go as far back as the Gamecube, Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Colliseum and Super Smash Bro's still hold up

Why's that? There are some gems! It's great to dip in and play some of those older games from the arcade era. Having thousands of games in a computer the size of a credit card is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
        Why's that? There are some gems! It's great to dip in and play some of those older games from the arcade era. Having thousands of games in a computer the size of a credit card is amazing.
        Oh it's brilliant, for the old school gaming aficionados. I just wouldn't play it because the more I think about it, the games were good but it was more about the memories that the game brought about rather than the actual gameplay.

They were great for their time, plenty of nostalgia but I wouldn't find it enjoyable to play now. I watch clips sometimes on YouTube, I still remember going to my cousins house to play Streets of Rage on his Sega Megadrive or loading up my old Sega Mastersystem and playing Alex the Kid. It brings about some really great memories. I have SO many epic memories from playing Counter-Strike 1.6/CSS from back in the day dude. Some of the greatest times....I try and play 1.6 and CSS here and there and I just can't get into it anymore, I play each for about 5-10 minutes and i'm kinda bored tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Oh it's brilliant, for the old school gaming aficionados. I just wouldn't play it because the more I think about it, the games were good but it was more about the memories that the game brought about rather than the actual gameplay.

They were great for their time, plenty of nostalgia but I wouldn't find it enjoyable to play now. I watch clips sometimes on YouTube, I still remember going to my cousins house to play Streets of Rage on his Sega Megadrive or loading up my old Sega Mastersystem and playing Alex the Kid. It brings about some really great memories. I have SO many epic memories from playing Counter-Strike 1.6/CSS from back in the day dude. Some of the greatest times....I try and play 1.6 and CSS here and there and I just can't get into it anymore, I play each for about 5-10 minutes and i'm kinda bored tbh.

It's the fact that I can play 5-10 mins at a time on one game and just dive in and out of all these arcade games that I like emulators. I play games that I always wanted to play before but never got round to. The Raspberry Pi is so inexpensive that it makes retro gaming accessible.

Comment

Hell yes, I love retro gaming, as I grew up during the original NES era, but only on the original consoles and carts, on a nice CRT TV. Just finishing Bully on PS2 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Hell yes, I love retro gaming, as I grew up during the original NES era, but only on the original consoles and carts, on a nice CRT TV. Just finishing Bully on PS2 this week.
              I got Bully again for xbox, loved it first time around and just as good this time around. Such a great vibe that game had and really good funny characters.

My mind got blown when after chapter 1 the town opened up and there was a fair/carnival.

There are rumors Bully 2 is in the works with some leaked images of artwork but i'm skeptical myself as i can't see them bringing out a bully game today but hope i'm wrong.

Comment

I play the SNES Super Mario games once in a blue moon. I'm still trying to catch up on games of the last decade though. Literally 2008-2018 there's so many series' I have not played.

Comment

Loving the old retro games, had my pi setup for a while now and don't seem to care for modern games any more. Currently been playing Legend of the mystical ninja for the snes although i find myself spending more time playing about with the retropie menus than playing games

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    I got Bully again for xbox, loved it first time around and just as good this time around. Such a great vibe that game had and really good funny characters.

My mind got blown when after chapter 1 the town opened up and there was a fair/carnival.

There are rumors Bully 2 is in the works with some leaked images of artwork but i'm skeptical myself as i can't see them bringing out a bully game today but hope i'm wrong.
                    Do you watch Swegta's channel on youtube? Most of his videos are gaming related, especially about the game Bully. He mentions a lot of facts about characters in the game, things in the early stages that didn't make it into the final game, but that's still in the code and any possibly rumors about Bully 2, he's great. There's apparently a glitch where you can knock out Derby Harrington just before the boss fight starts quickly, but I haven't yet got it to work. There's a video of it though on his channel. I also saw another video where a guy used the fire extinguisher in the boys dorm on a knocked out student to get the 1000 projectile hits needed for the green ninja outfit sooner. Using the slingshot or doing the shooting range game in the carnival works too.

Comment

Working...
                    X