No announcement yet.

lack of skill in the heavyweight division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lack of skill in the heavyweight division

ive just been watching some of wilders 'highights' and the guy cant actually box. How can someone get that far in boxing by having so little skill? His technical skills are shocking as demonstrated by the fact he injured himself cause he cant punch properly

Is the heavyweight division really that bad that as long as you are tall, in good shape and can punch hard you can make it all the way to the top? Cause joshua doesnt look the full package technically but hes world champ too.

I know heavyweights arent going to look as nimble as some of the lower weights but surely theres got to be big guys out there who could do a better job? Is it just a case of every athletically gifted big guy doing basketball or NFL now? Or am i being harsh and the current heavyweights are better than they look? Why does there seem to be a lack of 'skillful' heavyweights...

You're definitely on to something. The lack of top-end talent in the HW division has bumped everyone up a notch. Guys that would be considered second-tier in more fruitful generations, are now being represented as the cream.

Young guys like Joshua and Parker are on development curves no different to years previously, but without a whole lot above them, they are in positions that are probably 1 or 2 years early than ideal.

Wilder...just..ugh.

No one should have 35 or so fights unbeaten and hold a world title - yet have a terrible, awful resume and be so completely inept when it comes to actual boxing skill. He's a slugger who's thrived on bums.

Comment

it's more the fact that its much easier to get a title these day's.

you can learn on the job and still be called world champion, just look at AJ.

You can be a world champion without fighting a single guy that is world level is kinda sad yea, especially considering he has had what...36 fights?

He's a big KO waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        ive just been watching some of wilders 'highights' and the guy cant actually box. How can someone get that far in boxing by having so little skill? His technical skills are shocking as demonstrated by the fact he injured himself cause he cant punch properly

Is the heavyweight division really that bad that as long as you are tall, in good shape and can punch hard you can make it all the way to the top? Cause joshua doesnt look the full package technically but hes world champ too.

I know heavyweights arent going to look as nimble as some of the lower weights but surely theres got to be big guys out there who could do a better job? Is it just a case of every athletically gifted big guy doing basketball or NFL now? Or am i being harsh and the current heavyweights are better than they look? Why does there seem to be a lack of 'skillful' heavyweights...

Those fragile Klit sisters were the lowest of the low.

The best of the 2....Vitali...quit on his stool because an Ex MW was walking him down.

Vlad was KTFO by an active member of the PGA

Comment

There's always ups and downs in the talent pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Those fragile Klit sisters were the lowest of the low.

The best of the 2....Vitali...quit on his stool because an Ex MW was walking him down.

Vlad was KTFO by an active member of the PGA
            since when was i some hardcore klitschko fan? dont know why you are ranting for

Comment

I feel the same about Wilder and his punches are wild leaving himself open. He's a KO in the making.

AJ is yet to be tested also. Wlad will expose his + or -.

The most skillful for me is T Fury. However he lacks KO power and his chin is ?.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                since when was i some hardcore klitschko fan? dont know why you are ranting for
                You're a hardcore anybody-not-black fan

C'mon...stop acting like you're not a Klit lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dyson View Post
                  I feel the same about Wilder and his punches are wild leaving himself open. He's a KO in the making.

AJ is yet to be tested also. Wlad will expose his + or -.

The most skillful for me is T Fury. However he lacks KO power and his chin is ?.
                  I can't think of too many heavies that don't leave themselves wide open...

Not surprised to see you in here hating the American.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    I can't think of too many heavies that don't leave themselves wide open...

Not surprised to see you in here hating the American.
                    Bro just because I'm not a fan of Ward or even Wilder doesn't mean I'm anti American. Look at my username last time I checked he was an American.

Why do you always post negative comments it's like you are a professional troll. I have no beef with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X