Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Ortiz doesn't beat any of the top Brits...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    That's what you get when you match a one-dimensional natural counter-puncher against someone in survival mode the whole fight. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Before the fight, Ortiz was the boogeyman of the division, now anyone half decent beats him lol.
    I think Ortiz is a natural counter puncher, unlike Chisora, who went after Scott and KO'd him.

Ortiz/Scott was a bad style match and a crap fight. But Ortiz did win it by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
      A good signing for Matchroom.

Hughie and Tyson Fury both box his head off.

David Haye and Anthony Joshua knock him out.
      I dunno about HUghie but yeah, the other 3 u named beat him.

Having said that, I don't think any of them stop him.

Comment

In order to prove that he don't beat any top british HV they have to get into the ring with him first and we shall find out....

Comment

Kassi gave Hughie Fluff a torrid nightmare the moment he realised the fight was not a 4 rounder and he had to compete for 12. Hughie wanted out of there, put Ortiz in with him he'd be stopped or he would have quit.

Tyson Fury is irrelevant he's obese the last I saw him, a conditioned focused Fury I have no interest in debating as I do not believe Fury has the mental fortitude to train now he has more than a hundred pounds in the bank. That guy believes he is king of the world with his new found fame on Twitter and a bank balance to be able to eat what he wants.

How is it you believe Ortiz would not counter the stiff slow upright robot ? The feints footwork and ring intelligence Ortiz showed last night in one fight is more than Joshua has shown since he turned pro.

Comment

I would only pick a fit Tyson Fury with confidence.

A fight with Haye would be interesting but Haye is essentially an outside fighter who will be at big reach disadvantage.

Ortiz is exactly the kind of fighter that could iron out AJ at this early stage of his career - experienced, crafty, powerful, durable.

Ortiz would knock out Price in a round and he probably beats Del Boy and Whyte fairly comfortably but they would go out on their shield.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              In order to prove that he don't beat any top british HV they have to get into the ring with him first and we shall find out....
              This.

Nobody will be queuing up to face this guy. Regardless of whether Scott was stopped or not last night Ortiz put on a clinic, his feints, cutting off the ring generally his entire performance was absolutely flawless considering he is 37 years old his conditioning is impeccable.

What testing did Ortiz undergo for the fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                True statement. That's one thing about sports, any sport, you don't really know until it happens.

I didn't see the fight, but from everything I've read, it sounds like people knocking Ortiz are overreacting. Scott literally ran from him. How does anyone work with that? Ok, so Luis didn't KO him, despite knocking Malik down three times. All of a sudden Ortiz is a hypejob? I dunno....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  True statement. That's one thing about sports, any sport, you don't really know until it happens.

I didn't see the fight, but from everything I've read, it sounds like people knocking Ortiz are overreacting. Scott literally ran from him. How does anyone work with that? Ok, so Luis didn't KO him, despite knocking Malik down three times. All of a sudden Ortiz is a hypejob? I dunno....
                  I read an article last night that said that Ortiz "looked horrible" in victory. Look I understand that Ortiz was expected to KO Scott in short order -- but the guy still won virtually every second of the fight and knocked him down 3 times. That's horrible?? Lmao

And the way Scott was running in that fight, especially early...that **** was f**king disgraceful. Dude should be ashamed of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I've seen T Fury look uninspiring against his 1 good opponent.
                    Joshua has never had a good opponent.
                    Haye is living on hype as he never actually did anything as a HW and is now an old, inactive version of a guy who never did anything.
                    Hughie.... lololol

Ortiz had a guy run from him. Only casuals will take much away from that. I think he and Fury or Joshua will be great matches as they seem to be around the same level.

I can't imagine how bad Fury would have looked trying to chase down Scott if he did what he did tonight (not that Scott would run from Fury).
                    im inclined to agree. why the **** ortiz is getting so much criticism i dont know. He won basically every round, so what if malik scott ran away, it would make anyone look bad. Its hard to knock out any half decent fighter out if they completely refuse to engage. Dont know why anyones reading too much into it, cause no other fighter is going to adopt scotts tactics and if they did, it would just mean they lose eveyr round. Ortiz isnt invincible but neither is any of the other heavyweights, everyone of them is limited in some way. I didnt realise winning by 120,120, 119 meant someone was 'exposed' which is what people on here and the youtube gurus are making out.

Comment

Scott literally took the money and ran.

Comment

Working...
                      X