No announcement yet.

HEAD TO HEAD - Part 1: Andy Lee & Billy Joe Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    I hope Saunders KO's this overrated irish bum. Lee is garbage. Watch his fights, he usually gets his ass kicked pillar to post all night and always seems to land some lucky shot. Even JCC Jr. destroyed his ass. GGG would put Lee to sleep in 4-5 rounds max. Definitely overrated and that is just because he trained with Manny and is with Kronk. This guy was stopped by Brian Vera for God's sake. In the McEwan fight, he was getting beaten up the entire time, won by late stoppage. In the John Jackson fight, he was beaten up and hurt, won by lucky shot. I mean other than a draw with Quillin and a lucky shot win (yet another) over Korobov, that is really all he has done. I don't know enough about Saunders to say he beats Lee or not but Lee is just not an elite fighter and he has a wet noodle chin.
    Lee's right hook might be one of the best 5 punches in boxing. That's his money shot. He's pretty average otherwise.

Still being that it is a right hook from the southpaw stance, it's just hard to avoid that punch. Vera and JCC had great chins. Pretty much every other fighter has been rocked, dropped, or stopped by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      The only other one i can recall mate, was one BoxNation did for Chisora Vs Fury.
      It was a little less like 'face off' than this one was, but pretty much the same set up really. Think they had someone else asking the question also, not Steve Bunce that time.
      I think I recall that one now that you mention it.

And you gotta have Bunce in there, wth whoever's putting these together. I'm American, but Bunce is one of my favorite people in boxing (probably in my top 3 non-boxers with Bernstein & Kellerman). You can tell he's just a guy who loves boxing on another level than most of the guys talking about boxing as their job. Plus he's just an entertaining no bs type guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think I recall that one now that you mention it.

And you gotta have Bunce in there, wth whoever's putting these together. I'm American, but Bunce is one of my favorite people in boxing (probably in my top 3 non-boxers with Bernstein & Kellerman). You can tell he's just a guy who loves boxing on another level than most of the guys talking about boxing as their job. Plus he's just an entertaining no bs type guy.
        Yeah mate i agree with you on Bunce. He says it as he sees it, i like him.
        I've always thought that Sky Sports seems to go for the glamour more and tries to pull in the casual viewers, while Bunce on BoxNation is purely stripped down to the Boxing. I like it better that way. :ANYWORD:

Comment

The ball is in Saunder's court.

If he can get himself properly motivated I think he'll take an early lead and shut Lee out down the stretch. It's all up to BJS though; difficult with 2 delays to keep up the levels of determination but he's got the superior skills. We've seen the best of Lee already--he's solid but limited--whereas we still have got more to come from BJS

Good fight, looking forward to it! Nice stylistic match-up and both pretty decent boxers. Nice to see some honest & respectful pre-fight chat, too

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            Yeah mate i agree with you on Bunce. He says it as he sees it, i like him.
            I've always thought that Sky Sports seems to go for the glamour more and tries to pull in the casual viewers, while Bunce on BoxNation is purely stripped down to the Boxing. I like it better that way. :ANYWORD:
            I like Bunce too. I know a few people don't seem to like him but he seems to says it as it is with no real agenda. Even though he works for BoxNation, he is always giving credit to guys who fight on other networks and not always praising the guys on BoxNation. He's impartial and that's how i like it.

Sky are the opposite, they are in the game of building up fighters to make them PPV money in future. That's why Sky will try to push the likes of Joshua on to people or make out his opponents to be something they are not etc... they have a real agenda. That's fine, it's all business, but you end up with a lot of mis-informed viewers being fed a story that isn't the reality and they don't know any different so they just believe it. That's why they will soon try to make Anthony Joshua a PPV star without him even really beating anybody. They did it with Khan too, they signed him to the network and he was already famous, but they tried to make out he was a PPV star, put him on a PPV against Prescott and he got flattened because he hadn't really been tested too much.

I much prefer BoxNation, it's no frills and pretty much impartial, even when it comes to Warren's own fighters.

You dare say anything bad about Anthony Joshua on Sky and you may be crucified.

Comment

Anyway, i'm looking forward to this one.

Lee has obviously been in with much better fighters than Saunders. Saunders is more skilled for sure so if he can use that skill to take away Lee's big shot then he can win this comfortably but that's a big if of course, there's levels to this game and Lee has been at a higher level than Saunders and done well sometimes but now is the time for Saunders to move up to this level so we'll see what he can do. I think he will win.

But that's it, it's making the jump at the right time. I still think Eubank Jr. could possibly be better than both of these guys but he made the jump to Saunders too early and it showed. I think this is the right time for BJS though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                I hope Saunders KO's this overrated irish bum. Lee is garbage. Watch his fights, he usually gets his ass kicked pillar to post all night and always seems to land some lucky shot. Even JCC Jr. destroyed his ass. GGG would put Lee to sleep in 4-5 rounds max. Definitely overrated and that is just because he trained with Manny and is with Kronk. This guy was stopped by Brian Vera for God's sake. In the McEwan fight, he was getting beaten up the entire time, won by late stoppage. In the John Jackson fight, he was beaten up and hurt, won by lucky shot. I mean other than a draw with Quillin and a lucky shot win (yet another) over Korobov, that is really all he has done. I don't know enough about Saunders to say he beats Lee or not but Lee is just not an elite fighter and he has a wet noodle chin.
                It's not luck if it keeps happening. You moron. That right hook upstairs puts fighters to sleep. Plain and simple. The ref stopped the Vera fight even though lee was firing back at the time of the stoppage and Lee was ahead on the cards against Chavez jr. Pretty much everything you have posted is wrong. I would ask if you even watch boxing but the answer is pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Hyped for this one! Lee is demolishing Billy Joe.

I don't know about demolishing.If Saunders is true to hs word that he's completely fit then he'll take Andy to school,no doubt about it.Blly Joe has some serious boxing skill.Dont' get me wrong,so does Lee,but Lee is wartorn.Saunder's is fresh as a daisy and is more hungrier than ever.Either way it'll be a great fight.

Tibbs vs Booth...Tibbs all day long!

Comment

Working...
                  X