Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon beats Bob Arum in court Lawsuit THROWN OUT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf, I gotta go to a MMA website today to keep up with yesterdays boxing news. Boxingscene you need to quit f#cking around.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      SB Nation the only ones I seen post a article about it

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/1...ed-boxing-news
      9:00am yesterday and it hasn't appeared on Boxingscene, surprised TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Wtf, I gotta go to a MMA website today to keep up with yesterdays boxing news. Boxingscene you need to quit f#cking around.
        Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        9:00am yesterday and it hasn't appeared on Boxingscene, surprised TBH
        It's sad but boxing scene is pro hbo anti haymon. Everytime someone post a negative thread about giggi it gets deleted

Comment

I'm not surprised. I have my suspicions.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/1...ed-boxing-news

Seems pretty decisive although he threw them a bone by allowing a re-file. It's over unless Haymon does something insane in the future.

GBP has a better case although not that much stronger. And a big part of their case revolved around the same things Top Rank's case did so doesn't look like they're getting any favorable rulings there.
            http://assets.law360news.com/0715000...1122195190.pdf

CONCLUSION
            For the foregoing reasons, the Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is
            GRANTED in part. The Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Counts I, II, III, and IV is GRANTED. The Court will grant Top Rank an opportunity to amend these claims, and, thus, Counts I, II, III, and IV as to the Haymon Defendants are DISMISSED with leave to amend. Top Rank shall file its Second Amended Complaint on or before October 30, 2015. The Court DEFERS ruling on the Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Counts V, VI, and VII. The Waddell Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED in its entirety. Because the Court concludes that granting leave to amend as to the Waddell Defendants would be futile, the First Amended Complaint against the Waddell Defendants is DISMISSED without leave to amend. Although the Court recognizes that this Circuit has a liberal policy favoring amendments and that leave to amend should be freely granted, the Court is not required to grant leave to amend if the Court determines that permitting Top Rank to amend would be an exercise in futility.

See, e.g.,
            Rutman Wine Co. v. E. & J. Gallo Winery, 829 F.2d 729, 738 (9th Cir. 1987) (“Denial of leave to amend is not an abuse of discretion where the pleadings before the court demonstrate that further amendment would be futile.”). In this case, Top Rank has already had an opportunity to file an amended pleading and has failed to provide the Court with any facts or arguments in its Opposition that indicate leave to amend with respect to the Waddell Defendants would not be futile. Accordingly, the Court denies leave to amend as to the Waddell Defendants.

IT IS SO ORDERED.
            Page 24 of 24
            Initials of Deputy Clerk sr
            Last edited by hhs661; 10-18-2015, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I bet Haymon's fans are swinging through trees in excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                http://assets.law360news.com/0715000...1122195190.pdf

CONCLUSION
                For the foregoing reasons, the Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is
                GRANTED in
                part
                The Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Counts I, II, III, and IV is
                GRANTED
                . The
                Page 23 of 24
                Court will grant Top Rank an opportunity to amend these claims, and, thus, Counts I, II, III, and IV as to the Haymon Defendants are DISMISSED with leave to amend. Top Rank shall file its Second Amended Complaint on or before October 30, 2015. The Court DEFERS ruling on the Haymon Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Counts V, VI, and VII. The Waddell Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED in its entirety. Because the Court
                concludes that granting leave to amend as to the Waddell Defendants would be futile, the First Amended Complaint against the Waddell Defendants is
                DISMISSED without leave to amend. Although the Court recognizes that this Circuit has a liberal policy favoring amendments and that leave to amend should be freely granted, the Court is not required to grant leave to amend if the Court determines that permitting Top Rank to amend would be an exercise in futility.

See, e.g.,
                Rutman Wine Co. v. E. & J. Gallo Winery, 829 F.2d 729, 738 (9th Cir. 1987) (“Denial of leave to amend is not an abuse of discretion where the pl
                eadings before the court demonstrate that further amendment would be futile.”). In this case, Top Rank has already had an opportunity to file an
                amended pleading and has failed to provide the Court with any facts or arguments in its Opposition that indicate leave to amend with respect to the Waddell Defendants would not be futile. Accordingly, the Court denies leave
                to amend as to the Waddell Defendants.

IT IS SO ORDERED.
                Page 24 of 24
                Exactly what I posted, the struggle is always PROVING IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Malgus View Post
                  I bet Haymon's fans are swinging through trees in excitement.

Vagabond gonna vagabond

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Exactly what I posted, the struggle is always PROVING IT!
                    They gave it a go. Oh well.. On to bigger and better things after 10-30-15

Comment

why hasn't the scene reported this?

Comment

Working...
                      X