Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are GGG and Cotto the only elite boxers that fight more than 2 times a year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
    Wasn't Canelo planning to fight again later this year?
    He is very likely to, against who is the best question maybe If people demand it enough we'd get him in with another awkward Southpaw in Andrade.

You can be damn sure with victories over Lara, Angulo and Andrade all in the same year that he will likely be the FOTY.

Comment

I don't know I only follow Pacquiao and Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        He said elite fighters, not popular.
        Most people think that he really beat Lara on a tight fight and Trout too, so he's on the top of the super welter division which is one of the strongest divisions. So he's probably an elite fighter, put away your dislike and deal with it! Actually based on their resumes he's more elite now than GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          He said elite fighters, not popular.
          So this thread failed from the get go since both Golovkin and Cotto aren't elite either more popular than anything by your standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            So this thread failed from the get go since both Golovkin and Cotto aren't elite either more popular than anything by your standards.
            Gotta love Cotto but he doesnt beat what's regarded as the best at 154 or 160. GGG is elite only in the sense that he has been much better than his opposition... Though it's hard to deny him after a big Geale win I guess

Comment

There's only a few elite fighters..Manny and Floyd.. and Ward I guess if he ever fights again.
              Cotto is a hall of famer of course but he lost to both and lesser guys.
              GGG is a great fighter but he can't be considered elite until he beats the best.
              Marquez is an elite fighter as well.
              Canelo should be considered a great fighter, probably gonna be a hall of famer as well. May end up being Floyd best win.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Nonito Donaire was very active last several years. Sergey Kovalev is fighting 3-4 times a year
                Alvarez will fight 3 times this year.
                doughnutaire and saul hype man gingerbread man alvarez aren't elite and never will be.

kovalev is elite though.

Comment

Rigo will prob fight again this year

Comment

My joke was better... GGG hasn't proven he is elite, but I think he is. I don't think Canelo is elite and he hasn't proven to me that he is. Mayweather is the elite, one guy was Cotto was competitve Canelo was not. Cotto has also beaten much higher quality competition than Canelo regardless of the loss to Trout.

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    Most people think that he really beat Lara on a tight fight and Trout too, so he's on the top of the super welter division which is one of the strongest divisions. So he's probably an elite fighter, put away your dislike and deal with it! Actually based on their resumes he's more elite now than GGG.
                    Mayweather is an elite fighter, Canelo wasn't even competitive. Squeking out victories (with the help of a paid off judge) against Trout and Lara doesn't make you elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      There's only a few elite fighters..Manny and Floyd.. and Ward I guess if he ever fights again.
                      Cotto is a hall of famer of course but he lost to both and lesser guys.
                      GGG is a great fighter but he can't be considered elite until he beats the best.
                      Marquez is an elite fighter as well.
                      Canelo should be considered a great fighter, probably gonna be a hall of famer as well. May end up being Floyd best win.
                      How the **** can Marquez be elite and Cotto not be? He lost to Mayweather badly, and it took him 40 rounds and steroids to finally beat Manny. He also has a loss to Chris John ffs... I'm not saying he isn't elite but you are discredited Cotto while giving Marquez a pass, bias as hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X