Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Klitschko's get treated unfairly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirKO1 View Post
    Respect the King.

Wow, Wlad is sure looking old these days.

Comment

As in pretty much everything action causes the reaction.

I would say there is approximately the same number of hardcore unreasonable K's fans and equally unreasonable K haters.

It is very easy to spot either of them. The first group will always claim how Ks are the greatest ever, how Vitali beat Lennox and how they are better than prime Ali.
      The second group (most of them are from UK) will put signs like TKO6, show Vitali's bloody face or Sanders standing on top of Wlad and claim how they are next to bums, how they wouldn't stand a chance against any "real" fighter (especially if that one comes from UK).

I have the same feeling towards both groups and I beg I never fall under non of them!

Comment

Not particularly.

I rarely read personal attacks against them, the most frequent accusations I read are the following:

When somebody says that the K bros would dominate any era because they are so big, other people say that in a different era they'd both been contenders.

Some add that Wlad has a weak chin, which is maybe debatable, but he surely doesn't have a granite chin.

Many find both brothers boring. Again an opinion, I don't find Wlad exciting either to be honest. Vitali is/was slightly better

Some think that their skills are rather limited. Neither brother displays particularly outstandish boxing skills. One can agree or disagree, but I see many fighters get a similar or worse treatment.

Just to talk about my favorite fighter, let's take Joe Louis as an example.

For many he wouldn't stand a chance against any current HW because he's too small and because got KD by a bum named Tony Galento (in a fight that Louis won by TKO in the 4th round). I obviously disagree, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

What I find -really- unfair though are accusation of being on PED's, to have failed test, or personal insults.

Off the top of my head I'd say that Manny, Floyd, JMM and possibly Khan have been treated unfairly here, not the K Bro's.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          They dont get Credit because they dont fight in the US as much! IMO! They are in the among the best ever in my HW book!
          /thread with this.

Comment

a bit. wladimir's resume is long as hell. once he hit his stride he beat basically everybody out there without any fuss at all. some of them twice.

if they were american brothers they'd be huge stars. brothers? that would be the angle. they'd be stars.

they don't always fight on american TV, and only a hardcore fan can even access their fights, usually illegally.

VK is an odd case. there's tko6gate, and shouldergate. those were the two best fighters he's fought, and they beat him. otherwise he's hardly lost a round.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              a bit. wladimir's resume is long as hell. once he hit his stride he beat basically everybody out there without any fuss at all. some of them twice.

if they were american brothers they'd be huge stars. brothers? that would be the angle. they'd be stars.

they don't always fight on american TV, and only a hardcore fan can even access their fights, usually illegally.

VK is an odd case. there's tko6gate, and shouldergate. those were the two best fighters he's fought, and they beat him. otherwise he's hardly lost a round.
              Wladimir has been given more chances by HBO than any fighter in the history of HBO Boxing. I'm not even joking. He blew it time after time and the ratings were subpar.. Hbo didn't want to fire Wladimir, but after the Sultan fight, HBO finally decide to cut off the life support.

HBO DECIDED TO GIVE WLAD YET ANOTHER CHANCE (his last) against Haye. He blew that too. Wladimir and HBO Relationship is like that college guy who have been given 10 chances to finally be a good bf to his super hot college girlfriend and he fuk up time and time again.

Now that college guy is dating some fat girl (German tv)

Comment

Wladimir is the only heavyweight champion in the history of boxing who have been banned from Madison Square Garden.

I will try to find the interview with Bert Sugar and how he fully support the Wladimir ban.

Comment

Working...
                X