Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner looked good at 135. Get ready....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner looked good at 135. Get ready....

Here's a novel idea: Stay at 135! If he looked good, delivered a show, finished the fight. We, as boxing fans like good fights don't we? Even Tunney got out of his way and complimented Broner for a good performance. I think everyone but DeMarco fans were happy. Why not stay at 135 for a while until his body feels ready for another move? Why rush him? I say, clean the rest of the division and move up after that. I'd hate to see him turn into a decision machine if he moved up without proper build up.

Because he wants a shot at the elites already and because there's no competition for him at 135? All the names are at 140, and he can and will actively fight all the way to 147 fairly easily. Maybe even 154 in the way future. Staying at 135 while the 140 division is hot will not do wonders if he wants to be considered elite.

Comment

It'd be nice if it was realistic, but unfortunately the money is at welterweight, and the fights are at junior-welterweight.

I'd like to see less weight-jumping today, personally. But it's not completely terrible as it is.

Comment

I agree. He looked very comfortable showing speed and power at 135. IMO he should clear out the division and build some kind of legacy there over the next year or two. When he's ready he can move up to 140 do the same there for a couple of years and move up again. He doesn't need to chase the big money fights at 147 as he will make money as he becomes more of a house hold name.

Comment

What was his weight on the night of the fight?

To be honest other than a fight with Burns, there's nothing there for him at 135. He'll be fine at 140/47 and at least then we'll get a more accurate guage on how good he really is as the competition is better and he won't be the biggest dude at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            What was his weight on the night of the fight?

To be honest other than a fight with Burns, there's nothing there for him at 135. He'll be fine at 140/47 and at least then we'll get a more accurate guage on how good he really is as the competition is better and he won't be the biggest dude at the weight.
            This. If he's going to fight at 135 then make it Burns, and then move up.

And HBO didn't give an official weight but they said it was believed that Broner had 5+ pounds over Demarco on the night of the fight (and this was after they had rehydrated for the fight)

Comment

Originally posted by YDKSAB View Post
              This. If he's going to fight at 135 then make it Burns, and then move up.

And HBO didn't give an official weight but they said it was believed that Broner had 5+ pounds over Demarco on the night of the fight (and this was after they had rehydrated for the fight)
              Cheers.

There's no doubt Burns is the ONLY fight for him at 135 that would do anything for his record.

If he goes to Scotland to get that fight too, I'll be very impressed. More impressed than anything he's done in his career to date.

Comment

Working...
              X