Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Oscar De La Hoya's resume. How many losses if any?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people underestimate Floyd's ring IQ. Whatever is your best weapon, he takes it away. He basically makes you a one handed fighter.

Comment

Who has mayweather beat at 147 or 154 in there prime to justify he will beat a prime quartay, tito or vargas, hopkins. I mean these guys arent ortiz or cotto. I still give him a 50 50 shot because he has great boxing but some of you guys think hes automatic to win against these dudes.

Comment

He might outbox Trinidad, he has a punchers chance though probably the best P4P puncher at 147 ever. He loses to Hopkins, Mosely, Quartey, and Pacquiao. Vargas might bully him, and interesting fight between him and Sturm.

Comment

Floyd would struggle with most of the 154+ fights. Trinidad and Mosley would also be real tough fights for him.

Floyd loses at least 3 times, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            Floyd would struggle with most of the 154+ fights. Trinidad and Mosley would also be real tough fights for him.

Floyd loses at least 3 times, IMO.
            he beats everyone but hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
              he beats everyone but hopkins
              He has no shot against Hopkins. He's going to struggle against Sturm with a huge size disadvantage. I don't give him much of a shot. I also don't think he goes undefeated against Trinidad(147), Mosley(147), Vargas(154), and Mosley(154). He's going to lose to atleast one of those fights. Floyd's a good fighter, but damn. I don't think anyone goes through De La Hoya's resume without at least a couple losses.

Edit: I also forgot about the Pacquiao fight. I think Floyd beats a prime Pac, but it'd be a hell of a fight.
              Last edited by Rocky Rode; 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't have fought most of the guys Oscar has.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pad83 View Post
                  Floyd wouldn't have fought most of the guys Oscar has.

True story.
                  I agree with you my dude. People make floyd out to be someone like from clash of the titans. Hes like a zeus and everyone else is human. I like his skillset but I dont see it that way. He has chosen his fights wisely . He def will take alot of wear and tear on his body from fighting all those guys. Think about he has to fight a prime tito. tito only lost to bigger fighters, quartey and is power jab, the heart and strength of vargas, bhop, sturm, sweet pea,and chavez. We all know that he would of made lightweight his home if he was delahoya until these guys retired. Then move up and fight smaller guys at higher weights to prove he is great. I guess that is how boxing is now. You beat a 140 pd guy at 147 and your called great.

Comment

Working...
                  X