No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    So its more realistic for the WBC 147lb champ to fight the MW champ, but not the WBO 147 lb champ. And your using size relative to JMM as the measuring stick.

Dude that is completely unreasonable.
    lol, how? did floyd not dwarf marquez?

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      so what do you call ortiz?

i think you are also forgetting that instead of fighting cotto after he beat mosley and was undefeated, he went on vacation.

are you really trying to tell me floyd has fought the best?
      Ortiz=Marg.

What I am asking you is other than manny, who is the best, You are making a blamket statement yet when you look at it, he has fought the best. Not in succession, no. But since manny hasn't been willing to fight, which is the point you orginally used, floyd has fought JMM (#2 p4p LW,) shane (#1 ww) Ortiz (#3 ww after floyd and manny).

You can complain about the time off but not the competition, unless you wanted his comeback fight to be against someone else.

Comment

• If you only follow boxing because of Floyd, then you aren't really a boxing fan. You are just a Floyd nuthugger. I have been following boxing long before Floyd and I will be following boxing long after he is gone. Not only will PPV still sell after Floyd, but sooner or later someone will come along and shatter any current PPV records.

Comment

Ortiz=Marg.

What I am asking you is other than manny, who is the best, You are making a blamket statement yet when you look at it, he has fought the best. Not in succession, no. But since manny hasn't been willing to fight, which is the point you orginally used, floyd has fought JMM (#2 p4p LW,) shane (#1 ww) Ortiz (#3 ww after floyd and manny).

You can complain about the time off but not the competition, unless you wanted his comeback fight to be against someone else.
          apart from the fact that margarito has beaten a number 1 ranked fighter and is a 3 time welterweight champion.

Comment

lol, how? did floyd not dwarf marquez?
            I didn't say he wasn't bigger than Marquez. What I said was size relative to JMM, a LW fighting at ww, is a stupid, non sensical way to determine why floyd should fight the MW champion but not manny.

I mean are you really serious.

Comment

apart from the fact that margarito has beaten a number 1 ranked fighter and is a 3 time welterweight champion.
              The same marg who lost to Daniel Santos at the time we are talking. So floyd should've gone to 147 and faced Marg 1st? Ok. WHy didn't TR make that happen?

Comment

I didn't say he wasn't bigger than Marquez. What I said was size relative to JMM, a LW fighting at ww, is a stupid, non sensical way to determine why floyd should fight the MW champion but not manny.

I mean are you really serious.
                very good. so do you finally get the point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                  This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
                  LOL, The sport was doing fine when he "retired".

Comment

very good. so do you finally get the point?
                    Floyd sure as **** wasn't twenty pounds heavier and 3 inches taller like Martinez would be against Mayweather.

Comment

The same marg who lost to Daniel Santos at the time we are talking. So floyd should've gone to 147 and faced Marg 1st? Ok. WHy didn't TR make that happen?
                      no. the best time for floyd to have fought margarito was right after he sparked cotto. but he was on vacation rather conveniently.

Comment

Working...
                      X