No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye: a real-life battle of good vs. evil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
    Been a while since we won a world cup in football but then again our grass roots system just isn't working.

But with regards to the original quote, we won the world cup in rugby which is huge (a proper world cup unlike world series which is just usa lol) and england won the ashes.

Also if you are talking about boxing, lennox lewis was the undisputed for us...yeah he was born in canada but i'd bet any country would take that beast if he wanted to represent them and if he had been born in those countries (i.e legal).

All in all, not bad for a small country.
    i was just teasing, i actually root for england sometimes when my country is not involved.

Rugby however is NOT a big sport. Its basically big in GB, australia, nz and sa.

Also 50+ million is quite large.

lennox was not born in canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Obviously Haye talking isht for 2 yrs and the fake injury thing has made this fight more attractive.
      Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Then why have none of Haye's previous fights been on HBO?
      Why did HBO say " Klitchkho no more" unless against Haye or the Polish warrior?

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        lol what the hell

haye is the good one, the klits have constantly kept everything in their home town, getting their refs, judges and offering crappy contracts
        Idolater. That is the logical fallacy of begging the question.

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        haye is here to save the division and boxing itself, haye must not fail, boxing is depending on him
        haye is here to do nothing of the kind. haye is here to trumpet and crow about haye and make one last payday before resting on his dubious laurels. haye is a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
          Been a while since we won a world cup in football but then again our grass roots system just isn't working.

But with regards to the original quote, we won the world cup in rugby which is huge (a proper world cup unlike world series which is just usa lol) and england won the ashes.

Also if you are talking about boxing, lennox lewis was the undisputed for us...yeah he was born in canada but i'd bet any country would take that beast if he wanted to represent them and if he had been born in those countries (i.e legal).

All in all, not bad for a small country.
          He was born in England, moved to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
            Haye got exsposure on showtime. Adamek was on HBO and his ppv''s are replayed on Fox/MSG about a month or 2 after. Other than aerrola there really are no heavyweights out there.

Comment

All honesty, Haye is not evil, he is even likeable to a certain extent because he does have charisma, he is not a homicidile nut like Tyson was back in the day and not a racist like Toney or B-Hop. BUT... I think Haye is a liar and a braggard, not particularly admirable qualities. I also realize he is playing up for the cameras and trying to sell fights, he might be a very egotistical man in front of the cameras, and quite different one-on-one. Humility is not what sells.

Of course if you are British, the fact that he wears the Union Jack (along with the Cypriot flag- f'ing traitor) will blind you to all of his shortcomings and you will gladly wash his toilett with your toothbrush.

Having said all that - he has talked trash about one of my favorite fighters. I hope Wlad destroys him and humiliates him on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                All honesty, Haye is not evil, he is even likeable to a certain extent because he does have charisma, he is not a homicidile nut like Tyson was back in the day and not a racist like Toney or B-Hop. BUT... I think Haye is a liar and a braggard, not particularly admirable qualities. I also realize he is playing up for the cameras and trying to sell fights, he might be a very egotistical man in front of the cameras, and quite different one-on-one. Humility is not what sells.

Of course if you are British, the fact that he wears the Union Jack (along with the Cypriot flag- f'ing traitor) will blind you to all of his shortcomings and you will gladly wash his toilett with your toothbrush.

Having said all that - he has talked trash about one of my favorite fighters. I hope Wlad destroys him and humiliates him on Sat.
                Fair assessment and I have to largely agree. I think he's a gigantic douche bag to boot, but not as contemptible as Tyson was when he was going berserk all the time.

Dunno what it is, but to date, the only truly arrogant fighters I have liked are RJJ and Mayweather, but both of them, in their times, backed up their talk. haye seems only capable of talking. We'll see in just a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
                  Why did HBO say "no" Haye unless against a Klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
                    i was just teasing, i actually root for england sometimes when my country is not involved.

Rugby however is NOT a big sport. Its basically big in GB, australia, nz and sa.

Also 50+ million is quite large.

lennox was not born in canada.
                    ......France, Italy, Georgia, Samoa, Ireland, Fiji, Argentina - it's a global sport.

Little old England would also be 4th in the Olympics medals table too even without the other British champions. Regardless, Haye boxes for Britain/UK who have 5 world champs atm.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Why did HBO say "no" Haye unless against a Klitschko?
                      Haye made his money in the UK and bucket loads. HBO never said "no"

Why did HBO say "No thanks" to both Klits?

Comment

Working...
                      X