No announcement yet.

Been playing the beta for Socom:Confrontation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been playing the beta for Socom:Confrontation

amazing potential. It's going to be nuts.

If the beta was the final game, how would you rate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
      If the beta was the final game, how would you rate it?
      I would rate it a 6 or 6.5 . But only if it was the final realease. Like Godz so carefully worded it, "amazing potential". Load times and lag make it painful to play at times though. The first zoom on over the shoulder also leaves much to be desired. Limited controller configuration customizing is also a pain.

I also have issues with hit recogntion on upper chest but especially head shots which are not always one shot one kill (even in non-competitive testing scenario).

Weapon accuracy also should be tweaked. M-16's (the most accurate Assault Rifle in game) is too often off the mark even with first shots at even medium distances.

Game also seems a little slow even compared to other Socom's. I would say speed it up some.

If the fix even half the problems the game would be well worth buying. The ingame clan support is unbelievable and socom is always on the vanguard of clan/team support options and tools.

Comment

Thats disappointing to hear. For it only being a month away I dont think most of what you mentioned is going to change. I think at this point theyre just hammering out connection issues and maybe exploits. Probably have to wait for a patch to get some real **** fixed. *sad smiley*

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
          Thats disappointing to hear. For it only being a month away I dont think most of what you mentioned is going to change. I think at this point theyre just hammering out connection issues and maybe exploits. Probably have to wait for a patch to get some real **** fixed. *sad smiley*
          Many of the issues are the types usually fixed with patches so I see it being very possible to have it fixed for launch. I just didn't want to count the chickens before they hatch.

I dont want to sound as if I'm knocking the game its an excellent game and might be the best shooter available for a good bit with COD taking a step backward.

Let me explain further about the lag. The lag is only there if you join a room mid-game. If you are in there from launch of game then your good. Load times are bad either way though.

Also many of the clan features are not activated or fully functional in the beta. Can be a great game.

Comment

I honestly dont like socom, its a bad ass game trust me, but I am going to save my cash 4 Far cry 2 and Saints Row 2. Because honestly I dont see that much of different things to do in the new socom its always the same stuff over and over...

Comment

How'd you get in the Beta?

Comment

if you join a game, usually it's unbearably lagging. I assume that's a server issue that should be fixed by launch.

Blood is back, and when you hit someone, you hear a sound effect, which is a nice touch.

The guns are nice, so far.

When a guy dies he goes limp and it usually makes for some funny ass positions.

The grenade accuracy needs to be tweaked. lots of times I aim a grenade a distance, but when I throw it, it goes nowhere near as far.

the character customization is nice, clan interraction seems awesome, as usual.

overall, the beta is nice. If the gameplay is more smoothed out when it drops, it's going to be basically the only game I need all winter. Unless a new Hitman comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
                  if you join a game, usually it's unbearably lagging. I assume that's a server issue that should be fixed by launch.

Blood is back, and when you hit someone, you hear a sound effect, which is a nice touch.

The guns are nice, so far.

When a guy dies he goes limp and it usually makes for some funny ass positions.

The grenade accuracy needs to be tweaked. lots of times I aim a grenade a distance, but when I throw it, it goes nowhere near as far.

the character customization is nice, clan interraction seems awesome, as usual.

overall, the beta is nice. If the gameplay is more smoothed out when it drops, it's going to be basically the only game I need all winter. Unless a new Hitman comes out.

Man I want in bad.I'm not going to have the $$$$ to buy it for quite some time.I heard people who got in the beta got extra codes.If you got one man I'll give you rep and extra points for one of them.Thanks man if your interested send it in a pm.thanks man

Comment

Mother****ers lucky ya have the Beta.

Comment

Working...
                    X