Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ruined Oscar De La Hoya's career more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
    none of the above. what happen to him is
    1.got rich
    2.loss the hunger to fight
    3.running his own buisness
    4.and the most important one became a part time fighter
    Actually I think that him getting rich didnt effect him and make him lose his hunger to fight.....

He was laready rich and he still fought Quartey, Vargas, Trinidad, and plenty of others..... Money didnt change him, it just opened up more doorways and avenues and he stretched himself too thin trying to do so much......

I think he sufferes from the same thing that 50 Cent is suffering from right now.... 50 said "I am addicted to SUCCESS"..... And that has made him go into business, and movies, and this or that, but the last thing on his mind is what made him that money.. his music....

I think once Oscar got all these belts, and became a successful business man, he got addicted to success and started singing, promoting, and doing extra stuff and boxing was last on his mind.....

The money didnt change him, the success of other things shifted his focus and thats what changed him....

Comment

fighting for an easy buck only to loss then blamed it on dehydration. to retire will conveniently support his claim but ultimately end his career. its about time for another career which oscar is pursuing right now. its not a ruined career maybe transitioned to a promoters level. promotional career can be tarnished if it continues getting caught with lots of cash in a duffle bag...

Comment

im a fan of Oscar tbh but alot of people around here i know including My family lost alot of respect when he agreed to fight the winner of Cotto vs Margarito. I guess he wanted to fight Cotto and thought Margarito wouldnt win he went back on his word and cherrypicked Manny Pacquio then after he lost to Pacquio it was more of how he lost he didnt want to go more rounds i know he was getting his ass kicked but damn to just say No mas that sealed it .

Comment

Originally posted by calihomie818661 View Post
          im a fan of Oscar tbh but alot of people around here i know including My family lost alot of respect when he agreed to fight the winner of Cotto vs Margarito. I guess he wanted to fight Cotto and thought Margarito wouldnt win he went back on his word and cherrypicked Manny Pacquio then after he lost to Pacquio it was more of how he lost he didnt want to go more rounds i know he was getting his ass kicked but damn to just say No mas that sealed it .
          Actually what I would have liked instead of the Manny fight was a fight with Sergio Mora in East LA (Dodger Stadium) where they are both from.....

No matter what anyone says, peoplein LA LOVE Sergio Mora..... I thought it would have been an epic LA fight... Mora would stand there and fight but didnt have the punch to hurt Oscar, so Oscar could have fought back and it would have been a war.....

I didnt really expect Oscar to fight Margarito.... Even before the Cotto fight, I didnt think that the fight would happen even if Tony won.....

Comment

The current trend of lies one after another, now he put money over dignity.

Comment

One word. MONEY he got rich as **** but at a price. He stopped concentrating on his boxing career and more on making money.

Comment

What ruined him was that he didn't care if he won or lost...as long as he made the money. RAN from TITO so not to get KO"D, then wouldn't accept a rematch. (and we all know hoja can make any fight happen) challenged smaller SSM, PBF, and PACQUIAO, and got beat by all three. But promoted the fights to his people as being LARGE. WHILE STUFFING HIS POCKETS!!! AN ALL TIME FRAUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Webber676 View Post
                  The current trend of lies one after another, now he put money over dignity.
                  right!

he said pac didnt hit hard, then he said pac hits like vargas and shane, hahaha

Comment

His attempt at singing is what ultimately hurt his boxing career...ok, I'm kidding. I agree it was his success/stardom that got to him. I still liked him....er, as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                      Fighting JCC and being too inactive.

He out-boxed Tito and gave him a boxing lesson. He was robbed in that fight and won a close fight against Mosley. He was also winning the fight against B-Hop before the body shot. The ending of the fight was strange and later announcing B-Hop was going to be his partner.

He should've fought Tony and Cotto instead of being inactive.
                      he was winning the b hop wiz eh???could of swore he was behind

Comment

Working...
                      X