No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Gives In, Accepts Hatton Offer of 52-48

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao Gives In, Accepts Hatton Offer of 52-48

According to Dong Secuya, editor of Philboxing.com, Manny Pacquiao has done a quick reversal and accepted the previous offer of a 52-48 split for a fight with Ricky Hatton on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The deal also guarantees Pacquiao $12 million dollars. [details]

argh.... is it on or is it off?

Comment

YES!!! Now both guys gotta be pretty pissed. I wish we didn't have to wait til May for this one. It's gonna be war!

Comment

I don't want to be on the receiving end of a pissed Pacman. Anybody betting on Hatton?

Comment

Goodbye Pac.

Hatton KO11.

Comment

When both fighters sign on the dotted line I'll believe it.

Stangely my trust in random editors on random websites is paper thin at this point.

Blame being forced to read the Sun on a daily basis by my co-workers lack of brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Goodbye Pac.

Hatton KO11.
              I thought you liked Pac?

Comment

Hatton called out the Pacman and expressed his wish to fight the #1 P4P. Fact is, there is only one #1 P4P and that is the Pacman. I think this is more about respecting the Pacman. He has fought many wars before and have been humble enough to accept the smaller share. C'mon, he is now the universally recognized #1 man in boxing and should be respected like he should. Who cares if Hatton brings British fans. Would they come in the same number if Ricky was fighting a nobody? Lets not forget that Pacman has brought excitement back to boxing at a time when it is clearly losing significant grounds to MMA. In my opinion, Golden Boy Promotions is ruining boxing by obviously treating it more of a business rather than a sport. Richard Schaefer is moronic in his coments about Ricky having more right to the bigger share. This is a guy who has not put on a pair of gloves and climbed up the ring to fight. And he is telling all of us that someone who is not even in the top ten of the sport deserves more than the #1. It's like saying that a certain British man named Joe Schmakately deserves more than Tiger Woods because the golf tournament is being held in England and Schmakately has some followers there. Completely moronic. Can we imagine Michael Phelps in the same sort of predicament?
                A 50/50 split with a second rate swimmer. Boxing is a sport that entertains its viewers. The Pacman is what boxing fans are craving for. He performs regardless of who you put in front of him. Would anyone really rather watch the hugging style of Ricky Hatton or the all-action Pacquiao phenomenon?

The Pacman may be uneducated but he is intelligent. He has pride in himself and perhaps, feels completely disrespected not only by the Hatton camp and GBP, but also by his ungrateful promoter in Bob Arum. Mr. Arum, who's side are you on? Stop making those disrespectful comments to Team Pacman because I'm sure that the Pacman is reading them over the net and feels they are somehow directed to him as well. Ever wonder why you can't reach him? Hellooooooo...he's pissed at you! Get it? He may have missed out on a good payday, but to some people, respect is more important especially when you've already earned millions. He doesn't really care much about the money right now. RESPECT IS MORE IMPORTANT! Get it?

Now I really think that Hatton is gonna get a serious beating. Good luck Ricky!

Finally, let me remind everyone again...THERE IS ONLY ONE MANNY PACQUIAO!

Comment

He's ducking Margarito and Mayweather !!!!!, You did the right thing Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
                    I thought you liked Pac?
                    It's the old jinx thread.

If Teddy Atlas picks Pac, you know chups is screwed

so he's doing karma right and saying hatton ko.

not a bad plan, actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X