Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a boxing fan, do you like MMA or Pro Wrestling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    Ronda Rousey is returning to UFC in December, meanwhile tonight in the WWE, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks had one heck of a Hell in the Cell match.

Manny and Jesse do battle next week on PPV.

As a fan of combat sports, can you see yourself watching mix martial arts or pro wrestling and if you watch both, how does it compare to the other combat sport we love, boxing?
    I was legimately worried for those gals tonight. Took some big bumps.

Comment

Ronda Rousey is returning to UFC in December, meanwhile tonight in the WWE, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks had one heck of a Hell in the Cell match.

Manny and Jesse do battle next week on PPV.

As a fan of combat sports, can you see yourself watching mix martial arts or pro wrestling and if you watch both, how does it compare to the other combat sport we love, boxing?
      I watch them both.

The only comparison is that boxing is one of the MMA disciplines.

Other than that, most people on this forum post about boxing....hence this is a boxing forum...

Comment

I watch both, they're completely separate from each other, totally different things, they have their levels of skill and difficulties, and different levels of competition within their sport.

MMA, mostly referring to UFC here, but, it has a better packaging than Boxing, much like Professional Wrestling, mostly referring to WWE here, but they have a broader appeal to a wider audience than Boxing does at this moment in time. MMA will continue to grow and gain attention from younger audiences connecting early karate classes and high school and college wrestling to a career in MMA, whereas Boxing not so much.

Professional Wrestling is an Art, as well as a Sport because of the physicality involved, now, it is scripted with predetermined outcomes, but you can not fake or downplay the physical toll, as well as the skill and ability, not to forget, agility, that it takes for these 225+lb men flipping and pulling off high flying stunts. The impact professional wrestlers make are akin to football players ramming into one another play after play, each impact has the same force as a minor to serious car wreck, that has to be respected.

Boxing though is the King of combat sports, that can not be denied, because it is an agreement to use the fairest of your personal, individual weapons, your fists, and use them to compete against with your chosen adversary, standing up and trading blows, hit and not get hit, out wit or out brute your opponent, a high speed game of chess with dire consequences, truly the most eloquent way in exercising savagery. Boxing, the King of all Sports. \\

I watch them all and also have a podcast about professional wrestling, mostly for hardcore fans, www.LosRudosPod.com

Comment

• Wow,what a crazy last two month.

In November, Brock Lesnar lost to Bill Goldberg in 86 second in the WWE.

In December, Ronda Rousey lost to Amanda Nunes in 48 second in the UFC.

Plus we have the punch of the year from Jermall Charlo to Julian Williams. Blocking a right hand and second later knocking out the opponent with the same hand is nothing short of spectacular.

Combat sports closes out the year strong.

As a boxing fan, do you like MMA or Pro Wrestling?

Comment

• Boxing n wwe. Last time i streamed a ufc fight was just to see CM Punk fight and he got submitted in 134 seconds. Aj Styles n Bray Wyatt(son of I.R.S man) are the best thing in wwe today.

Comment

• I watched pro wrestling in elementary school and parts of middle school. I got into boxing at the end of high school. I'm a casual MMA fan in the fact that I'll look up the results to their PPVs, but I've never bought a UFC PPV. I have streamed a handful though. I thought PRIDE was better than the UFC.

Comment

• Havent really been watching pro wrestling since I was a kid. Liked it back then though, who didn't

But yeah. I am not just a boxing fan or mma fan. Im a combat sports fan. I have had some amateur MMA fights and submission wrestling / grapping matches. I love MMA, boxing, kickboxing and muay thai. I dislike the elitism and hate between the hobbyists and fans.

Comment

• Haven't watched WWE since I was a kid. While flipping channels I'll see it so i'll check it out but it doesn't capture my attention.

I guess I'm a casual MMA fan. I just watch the big fights and only care about the main-event or if big names are on the undercard.

Comment

• I hate MMA. All that grappling sht annoys me..

Strictly about boxing and there are nothing like it.

Comment

• As a boxing fan, do you like MMA or Pro Wrestling?

Comment

Working...
                      X