No announcement yet.

All-star Boxing Canelo/GBP lawsuit and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PKing View Post
    GBP wanted to pay All-star off with a settlement. All-star has refused and instead want this thing to go to court.

That is extremely telling...
    They won't lose him. All Star just wants more money than is being offered.

As for GGG how and why would he go to Pbc? he makes more than the fighters there and is locked in with his manager and promoter and who knows if pbc will even be around after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      I think you're underestimating the perceived value that Saul 'Canelo" Alvarez could've had to All-Star Boxing (or at least the value that they will argue for in court). http://www.boxingscene.com/all-star-...t-date--100613

To have All-Star Boxing state the facts of the case, they had rights to Canelo all the way through 2012, likely with some kind of option to negotiate on the back-end. That's basically from his US TV debut through the Josesito Lopez fight (where all the indicators, over $1.5m at the gate for the MGM Grand and his fight drawing a 2.6[unsure how that translates into homes], were pointing to Alvarez being a star.

With the Mayweather fight doing the numbers that it did, the Cotto fight doing the numbers that it did, and this Khan fight built to establish where Alvarez's starpower is going forward, All-Star Boxing now seemingly has the case that Oscar De La Hoya basically stole the sport's next superstar from them.

The delay in the proceedings has drastically driven up the price that Golden Boy is now left to pay out.
      Well I'd say Canelo's resume looks a whole lot different if ASB had moved him along til 2012. Its likely he'd never had gotten where he got in that same time period without GBP's money & relationships. For sure they don't get Canelo on HBO imo. HBO seems to have a smaller pool of promoters that they mostly deal with that these guys weren't in as far as I know. So sure looking at what GBP did with Canelo up til 2012 looks sexy as f#ck, but ASB Canelo doesn't look anything like GBP Canelo. At least imo.

And like I said I see lil info about this lawsuit or what exactly the details of Canelo's contract was so I really got no clue what this may or may not be worth or how much of a lock ASB's chances of winning this lawsuit are so maybe you guys know something I don't know & they'll get $50M or whatever, but that feels high to me based on what these guys coulda actually done for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Basically.

People were taking the Chris Mannix talk, as if Arum somehow managed to blackmail his way into another Mayweather payday, but it would seem more as if, while Top Rank had their lawyers requesting documents from Haymon and the related parties (without really knowing what they were looking for), Haymon had his lawyers were likely starting to target specific documents, in the coming counter-punch to the Top Rank lawsuit (Pacquiao/Koncz documents, Mikey Garcia lawsuit documents, Chavez Jr documents, documents related to the freeze-out/collusion of HBO/Top Rank against DBE for the Cotto-Martinez fight, etc).

Next year is going to be bad for a lot of folks
        Damn. I never thought about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Well I'd say Canelo's resume looks a whole lot different if ASB had moved him along til 2012. Its likely he'd never had gotten where he got in that same time period without GBP's money & relationships. For sure they don't get Canelo on HBO imo. HBO seems to have a smaller pool of promoters that they mostly deal with that these guys weren't in as far as I know. So sure looking at what GBP did with Canelo up til 2012 looks sexy as f#ck, but ASB Canelo doesn't look anything like GBP Canelo. At least imo.

And like I said I see lil info about this lawsuit or what exactly the details of Canelo's contract was so I really got no clue what this may or may not be worth or how much of a lock ASB's chances of winning this lawsuit are so maybe you guys know something I don't know & they'll get $50M or whatever, but that feels high to me based on what these guys coulda actually done for Canelo.
          That's probably true but that doesn't matter. All Star could say they had plans to hold 4 PPV fights a year in Mexico City where Canelo would sell out. Who's to say it wouldn't happen? They never had the opportunity and that's what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            That's probably true but that doesn't matter. All Star could say they had plans to hold 4 PPV fights a year in Mexico City where Canelo would sell out. Who's to say it wouldn't happen? They never had the opportunity and that's what matters.
            "Yea judge we had Floyd vs Canelo setup when Canelo was 19yrs old...we'd likely have had a 5 fight series....yea thats like 10M PPV's we lost your honor".

Idk about all this lol.

Comment

Golden Boy is going to have to pay All-Star a ton of money in the likely settlement. Probably 10's of millions.

Comment

Working...
              X