Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny - JMM's style against Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all of their fight I don't recall Marquez ever knocking Pacquiao down but I do remember Marquez on the floor a few times. Marquez would need a K.O. to erase the split decision loses. That counter punching style will only result in a split decision at best against Pacquiao who has already won by decision couple of times & he will always be viewed as the busier fighter in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
      It took me 25 rounds to figure out what JMM was doing that was so effective against Manny. JMM turns Manny counter clockwise, JMM slips/bobs to his left, pivot to his left, everything to the left for jmm, spinning Manny counter clockwise and neutralizing Manny’s left hand
      Moving to your left is moving clockwise. Looks like you got some more things to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Moving to your left is moving clockwise. Looks like you got some more things to figure out.
        clockwise is what i meant. i'm not sure how i ended up writing "counterclockwise". i honestly meant clockwise, you can only move clockwise if you move/pivot to the left. i will correct that in my thread.

anyways, if people will use common sense they will understand or just point it out instead of using it as a reason to discredit the whole point of the thread and thread starter.
        Last edited by woopwoop; 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
          if Pacquiao is already aware of this i would not be surprise if he KO JMM this time around.
          You're kinda funny, you know?.

You assume to know more about boxing than Manny's team, yet I'm the one who is supposedly arrogant.

I mean, Paq should hire you straight away, I'm sure he'd win at least 50 bouts in a row ... by K.O... within 3 rounds... by just following your advices

Comment

You're supposed to move clockwise against a southpaw.

It's no secret, they teach it in gyms all around the world

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
              You're supposed to move clockwise against a southpaw.

It's no secret, they teach it in gyms all around the world

What this guy says. One of the most fundamental techniques when fighting a southpaw along with the straight right down the pipe.

Message to the T'S you are not the Messiah you are only saying what every coach is telling any young amateur when training for his first fight with a southpaw.
              The fact that it took you 25 rounds to figure this out, shows exactly how much you know about boxing.

JMM has success against Pac because he is a very effective counter puncher with great timing.

Comment

I didn't bother reading the whole of your "letter" because the fact is, Manny, Roach, his entire team know what JMM does to them but it is one thing to know, another thing to counteract it. JMM/Manny are perfect foils for each other, it's not as if Manny doesn't give the great Marquez any problems. As long as these two get in a ring together, they will keep providing world class entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                  You're kinda funny, you know?.

You assume to know more about boxing than Manny's team, yet I'm the one who is supposedly arrogant.

I mean, Paq should hire you straight away, I'm sure he'd win at least 50 bouts in a row ... by K.O... within 3 rounds... by just following your advices

i did not say or assume, i know more than Manny's team. but that is something they should look at.

you know it not is impossible that they overlooked something and people outside the team will notice you know.

Comment

^the great Emmanuel Steward resurrected on the third day.

Comment

JMM Figured Pacquiao out after the first round of their first fight, and has been successful with his adjustment ever since. If Pacquiao hasn't figured out what he has to do to win after 3 fights, he's not going to get it now.

& honestly, I don't think it's simply knowing what to do against Marquez, it's actually implementing it. I think Pac and Roach have known what they have to do for some time, they just haven't been able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X