Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio town must pay back millions of fines collected from speed cameras, court rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    If its a rinky dink town, what do they need all this money for? For cops and judges and jails?

We could go back to traditional tax rates for the rich, or we can increase stop light cameras, get rid of programs for the community, and charge more for licenses and registrations for anything and everything. Hey, if all I gotta do is pay some extra bs tickets, not have my kid in youth sports, pay more for a fishing license, a driving license, vehicle registration, and not have a rec. center for my son to go to, then hell yea, give the Trump family as much as you want. Save the Trumps a billion dollars, I'm down for it.
    I have no idea why they need all that money. Like I said, you wouldn't even know you passed thru the town until you got a ticket in the mail for a speeding ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I have no idea why they need all that money. Like I said, you wouldn't even know you passed thru the town until you got a ticket in the mail for a speeding ticket.
      I live in a lil rinky dink town not too far from this one. And I know why they need that money. To pay for cops and other local government employees, which such a small town does not need.

Its all a way of taking more from the middle class and the poor and of taking less from the super rich. If we can afford trillions in tax cuts for the rich, why can't we keep programs for the community? To give a family like the Trumps a billion dollars in tax cuts, where do you think this money then comes from? From you, me, and every Tom, Dick, and Harry that don't make a million or more a year. If it isn't red light cameras, its more for vehicle registration, licenses- for automobiles, hunting, fishing and anything else, and raising the sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        I live in a lil rinky dink town not too far from this one. And I know why they need that money. To pay for cops and other local government employees, which such a small town does not need.

Its all a way of taking more from the middle class and the poor and of taking less from the super rich. If we can afford trillions in tax cuts for the rich, why can't we keep programs for the community? To give a family like the Trumps a billion dollars in tax cuts, where do you think this money then comes from? From you, me, and every Tom, Dick, and Harry that don't make a million or more a year. If it isn't red light cameras, its more for vehicle registration, licenses- for automobiles, hunting, fishing and anything else, and raising the sales tax.
        Oh ok I get what you're saying. I agree.

Comment

Working...
        X