manny's Amazing Longevity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manny's Amazing Longevity

is very impressive

Group think years ago was manny style won't allow him to age gracefully as a fighter

Unorthodox style depending on athleticism and been in many wars.

Tonight at 40 he conquered a prime undefeated welterweight who did some good work in the division.

I had it 116-111 for manny.

TBH based on what kind of fighter Pacquiao is, he should have been SHOT at the same age Roy Jones but amazing that he lasted 40 years old.

Comment

Pacman is unreal. The first half of the fight was some special stuff. He did get tired and Thurman started to win his fair share of rounds from the 6th on, but Pacman did enough to hold on.

If that is his last hurrah, then what a performance against a man 10 years younger than him.

Respect to this legend!

Comment

Genetics, will and work ethic. It's a prime example...MAnny at 40 works much harder than many of the younger dudes do because they don't have to work as hard to see/realize results.

You have a guy like Figs who decides to train himself, he's young and in his prime but you know he cut corners. When you cut corners you slip and Figs slipped big time tonight. Meanwhile, the aging Pac, who apparently has tapered off on his training from recent years but was still good enough to beat the "#1 WW" according to the PBC commentators.

Hard work pays off, it sucks at times but it builds the character of champions.

Comment

I agree with most of what you said but the close was very close.

I'm completely amazed at Manny's ability and durability at this age. He's a boxing God.

Comment

Pac's a different breed man. It's going to be another lifetime or maybe ever to see a fighter with such dedication and love for the sport.

I mean the man has 70+ fights, been thru some of the most epic wars, has accomplished everything a boxer could hope for yet he is still competing and beating young good fighters.

Name a fighter active today with over 70 fights that is still competiting at the highest level? Lol theres none

He's a special special fighter. Once in a lifetime type prizefighter

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Pacman is unreal. The first half of the fight was some special stuff. He did get tired and Thurman started to win his fair share of rounds from the 6th on, but Pacman did enough to hold on.

If that is his last hurrah, then what a performance against a man 10 years younger than him.

Respect to this legend!
              I want to see him take out Garcia at least then call it a day. He can at least do that..this win will motivate him to one more last victory.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                I want to see him take out Garcia at least then call it a day. He can at least do that..this win will motivate him to one more last victory.
                I don't know, Garcia might be a bad match up for PAC at this point plus Garcia knows how to put dudes away when he gets them hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Yeah, DSG is a fight he can definitely win....Also a fight that DSG could knock Manny out.

If Spence gets by Porter, then that fight could turn out to be ugly for Pacquiao. One thing to get tired against Thurman, but if he gets tired vs Spence then he's getting hurt badly.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                    Pac's a different breed man. It's going to be another lifetime or maybe ever to see a fighter with such dedication and love for the sport.

I mean the man has 70+ fights, been thru some of the most epic wars, has accomplished everything a boxer could hope for yet he is still competing and beating young good fighters.

Name a fighter active today with over 70 fights that is still competiting at the highest level? Lol theres none

He's a special special fighter. Once in a lifetime type prizefighter
                    Not to hang from the man's "parts" but the way people diss him is unbelievable. I understand the "my fighter" and "your fighter" dynamics and all that other trash talking stuff but Pac is a legend man, no one can deny what he has done. To talk about him like he is cleaning up bathrooms or whatever is so absurd. Just like I'll rag on Flroid, I do realize how good he really was. People genuinely take some of this race-related trash way too far. Talent is talent and when you see it, it deserves to be recognized.

Comment

Working...
                    X