Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya'll know many professional boxers in real life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ya'll know many professional boxers in real life?

I have known a handful of people who were legitimate professional boxers. Nobody famous, nor world class, but most held pretty respectable records. There was one cat who was like 8-13-5 or some shyte... Then that one strange fellow who used to post here - "Rockin' INSERT: " aka "WOCKIN' WOBBIE."

So this college kid who is a professional boxer just got an internship at my office, and he's pretty good with a record of 9-2, with 5KO's. He fought on a PBC undercard, but lost in a very respectable manner, dropping an 8-round MD (in the other guy's backyard).

Anyway, sorry for the background - but my question is - do any of the boxers you know seem a bit "slow"? Not mentally ******ed, nor stupid, but just slow? A few of the others I've known have had that same "slow processing brain" thing going on... Wot about the ones you know?

NOTE TO MODS: I Know this is for "non-boxing topics," and while this does deal with boxing, ostensibly, it's more of a non-boxing theme, and just didn't seem like it would belong in NSB.

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    Then that one strange fellow who used to post here - "Rockin' INSERT: " aka "WOCKIN' WOBBIE."
    Was that the "Rockin" Robin Deakin kid?

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/371522

Britain's worst boxer?

Comment

As my disclaimer noted - this really doesn't have anything to do with the sport of boxing, nor with any famous boxers that would be discussed on NSB/boxing forums.

It's just about personal anecdotes regarding people we know in real life who happen to box..

Like I said - most of the ones I knew had very slow social responses/reactions. And their eyes just had this blankness like "there was nothing going on back there."

Comment

I used to spar with one in California when I lived out there. C-rate but better than his record would suggest.

I chatted with Dicky Ecklund a few times at Mickey Ward's old gym. Stil crazy.

I had a great uncle who was a pro fighter in the 1950s.

Comment

Ernie Chavez (who fought Meldrick Taylor) showed his dick on webcam to my cousin when we were kids. Does that count?

Comment

I used to live next door to Joe Bugner

Very nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Was that the "Rockin" Robin Deakin kid?

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/371522

Britain's worst boxer?
              Hahah nah, this cat was American (funny enough, he is actually from Detroit too, and used to box there in the 80's).

Ahh, screw it, his name is already floating around on here, and everybody whose been here for more than a few years knows exactly what his real name is. He posted it himself a long time ago anyway, I believe. So I'm not DOX DROPPING or "releasing private information" because this is no longer private (at his own admission a long time ago, at that).

Rob (Rockin' was his username here). Lol he would always post the after his name at the end of each post hahah. He just painted a huge target on his back around here lol..
              Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-20-2023, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Mando Ramos i knew well..

Ji Hoon Kim

Kendall Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Ernie Chavez (who fought Meldrick Taylor) showed his dick on webcam to my cousin when we were kids. Does that count?
                  Only if you saw it personally

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Only if you saw it personally
                    Bro lol I did sadly. She was being a slut online & I was just like "oh cool your talking to a pro boxer" like a dummy & then he whipped out his 4.5 inches of pain & I was like "wut in the f#ck".

Comment

Working...
                    X