Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua on ESPN back in December. 100% Wilder KO's him spark out cold.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua on ESPN back in December. 100% Wilder KO's him spark out cold.

Listen, I like Joshua, and I think Joshua has a great resume. I think he's a quality fighter when he wants to be. I think he's a refined, precision puncher with flaws (and who doesn't have flaws). Certainly a bit overrated at times by NSB, but it's NSB.

Yet, this interview told me one thing:

Joshua isn't hungry. He's too confident, too civilized, too "I'm on top, look at what I've done in a short time". Like he's advertising that he's an 'eye test' fighter.

The punch that dropped Stiverne, the punch that dropped Breezy...same exact punch that put Joshua down but didn't really hurt him, from a slow, 40-year old Grabomir. If Wilder lands that shot off a setup jab, there's no way Joshua gets up.

Nobody really knows why that fight isn't happening, but most likely, Joshua's management is keeping him far away from Deontay until they start to see him on the decline. If that's true, it means the fight won't happen until Wilder is unable to drop or KO whatever opponent. But if Wilder literally walks through the entire HW division until there's nobody left and he's scored a KO on each and every guy...

Honestly keeping that hunger when you reach the top and get all that fame is one of the most difficult things in boxing. Only a very few have that level of determination or greed or whatever you want to call it to keep going for more and more no matter what was done in the past.

That is the true test of greatness really, I do agree though it never seemed to me like Joshua was wired that way. Now he might beat Wilder or maybe not but to me he won't stand that test long term. Wilder is certainly a guy that has the hunger on his side and that could easily be a deciding factor.

Comment

You use nobodies like stiverne and brezeale as measuring sticks then call great champions like klitschko grabomir. That shows the cheap mentality of wilder fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
        You use nobodies like stiverne and brezeale as measuring sticks then call great champions like klitschko grabomir. That shows the cheap mentality of wilder fans.
        He was Clinchko before anyone even knew Wilder existed. Welcome to the sport though.

Comment

Are you really comparing Stiverne and Breazeale to Joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            He was Clinchko before anyone even knew Wilder existed. Welcome to the sport though.
            Anyone who is from canada cannot tell anyone about boxing lmao who was your last world champion?

Comment

We all knew this, I mean those who have more than a drop of common sense!

AJ and his team literally dragged the initial negotiations with Wilder with all kinds of bs!

People forget, AJ told Johnny Nelson on camera that he won’t be rushed to fight Wilder and admitted his own coach said that AJ isn’t ready for Wilder until 2020!

Ring a bell?

Wilder is a bad style match up for AJ, someone who’s faster with longer reach and a great 1-2 that can punch through the guard and has more power!

It’ll be a great fight, of course AJ has a chance but he needs to realize if he chooses to box Wilder then he must move his head and keep his left hand up or if he chooses to fight Wilder then he needs to make it a phone booth fight and attack the body an get rough!

Can’t wait for it

Comment

You could tell by how AJ fought his opponents after Klitschko that the man is shook tbf

Probably has undiagnosed PTSD ...

Comment

It will end when Josh lands flush on Wilder's chin and he ends up in coma. Wilder gets hurt in every fight by pillow-fisted Uber drivers.

When Josh lands cleanly on him, they'll need paramedics to resuscitate him and those thin legs.

Comment

I was looking forward to reading some insights/observations and opinions ranging from training methods, personal lifestyle, and technical skill aspects of each fighter that would try and thoughtfully lend credit or discredit to the threads title of a 100% Wilder KO of Joshua. And seeing how that clip posted doesnt have anything to do with what the title seems to imply, it appears I may misinterpreted the intent of this thread. A bit dissapointing

Comment

Working...
                    X