Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Warns That He'll Punish Teofimo Lopez For Big Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 15, 2019:

“I have zero respect for (Lomachenko) for his comments that he made about Floyd’s legacy,” Ellerbe told BoxingScene.com. “The Tank (Davis) stuff, that’s fight talk, so you ignore that.

“Floyd Mayweather has accomplished more in his career than this kid would ever accomplish, for starters, and whoever advised him or told him to make those comments as it relates to Floyd’s career, that wasn’t very smart.”

A lot has been said in the past year, but Ellerbe wasn’t happy with Lomachenko saying Mayweather wasn’t an athlete. Lomachenko said those comments in March during an interview with Teddy Atlas on THE FIGHT podcast.

Lomachenko said Mayweather and Davis put money first over making compelling bouts.

They are businessmen, they are not athletes,” Lomachenko told Atlas. “They are making money. I am an athlete and I want to fight with the top fighters for history. For my history and for boxing history.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/ellerbe-...eather--137971

May 1, 2019:

"In this situation, objectively, as well as subjectively, its clear that they are trying to show their strength. A strong person is never going to shout about it, they are never going to try to insult somebody. That person is just going to silently do their thing and prove it with their actions and not words," Lomachenko said to Loma TV.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachen...g-talk--138533

Sounding a lot like GGG! Hypocrites!

Comment

Let me translate for Loma, "Teofimo can get this work"! And as soon as Bob unlocks that gate and that all that loud barking turns into a fight, his @ss is grass! Because he's getting smoked! 😄

This will be a fun fight. Lopez will give Loma problems with his power and awesome reflexes. But the kids has never been in a fight with someone that will be on top of him non-stop from angles he's never seen and will just as strong as his. Then there's just the experience of being in huge fights that Lopez doesn't have yet. Lopez had some amazing talent though and he's a natural lightweight, which is a real advantage that he can exploit. Loma looks like he's just now growing into lightweight. I'll take Loma by decision in a fun scrap. They'll probably fight twice if Lopez can keep makibg 135 by the end of next year.

Comment

Ugh some of yall just pathetic with the agendas. Can't wait for Loma to destroy Lopez

Comment

All we want to hear from Loma is him telling Bob to make the fight. It's the biggest fight Top Rank can make internally. The only way to shut Lopez up and hold him accountable is to get in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            Lomachenko finna get blown back. Teofimo gonna have that hypejob on the backfoot like he's reclining against a wall.
            You have to be lopez’s family member or boyfriend to say such utter nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Ugh some of yall just pathetic with the agendas. Can't wait for Loma to destroy Lopez
              Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                You have to be lopez’s family member or boyfriend to say such utter nonsense
                What's with the disrespect? I'm just posting straight facts. Big facts at that. Not my fault Teo would fold Loma like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  What's with the disrespect? I'm just posting straight facts. Big facts at that. Not my fault Teo would fold Loma like a cheap lawn chair.
                  No disrespect bro. My bad if it come across like that I just can’t see Lopez doing anything to Loma

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Umm what?

KOing bums and KOing the #1 or #2 fighter in the world are different things.

Loma UD or TKO
                    My prediction bro... can’t convince me of anything. Let’s see the damn fight already. No opinionated banter needed and no political hurdles to getting it done. Let’s see it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      MAN good luck to that.
                      Lopez doesn't know what he's got himself into.
                      Loma will be pressing Lopez asoon as the first bell rings.
                      He will be coping hits from every angle without being able yo land his own.
                      I can only see Lopez being TKO K/O or Quitting.
                      Loma will want to teach this boy not to talk out of school. I know he's an exciting prospect/contender but that's all he is at this stage.
                      Bro... if he is green let’s see the damn fight. When Loma is fighting these no hopers I don’t see anyone running to the table to protect them, why now? Loma’s game is about balance, he will get caught clean. When that happens the angles get pretty shaky. Teo will be landing some real ish. He is to slick and unpredictable. His punches count like Mf. Not bantering bro, lets see the damn fight. No politics here. No fake Haymon blockages. Let’s just see the damn fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X