No announcement yet.

I don't know why people are writing off Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    We shall see. I'd prefer if Wilder won because there's less BS involved as Hearn and the pathetic UK peasantry don't enter the equation.
    Joshua doesn't move his head, he's open to get hit. He's not effective when he's moving, doesn't depend on his footwork, has terrible defense and he's just overall slow and robotic.

He's been winning fights by depending solely on his size and conditioning, and wilder is taller and longer than him.

I do not see any way Joshua beats Wilder.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-07-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      Joshua is not as defensively proficient as Fury, and isn't as large as fury.

If Wilder can almost knock fury out, what do you think he's going to do to Joshua's robotic style?
      Go watch Duhaupas vs Wilder

Joshua isn't going to be dancing around on the backfoot for 12 rounds slipping punches and pit patting with the jab like fury did

He is going to come forward throwing jabs and straight rights straight down the middle

Wilder has one ko punch, the straight right

Joshua can knock wilder out with straights, hooks and uppercuts.

Joshua is a better technician than Wilder and a more rounded offensive fighter.

Joshua vs Wilder will be Wilder vs Washington if Washington had KO power, in other words a disaster for Wilder, who is technically a BUM who just has a big right hand and height.

You NEVER see Joshua having life and death with fighters on the level of Duhaupas, Szpilka and Molina, he blows through guys like that effortlessly.

Wilder isn't dangerous early, and Joshua won't take the 8,9,10 rounds to get to him that he needs to get himself into the fight.

Comment

If Wilder can almost knock fury out, what do you think he's going to do to Joshua's robotic style?
        Dumb post, far too simplistic in your analysis. Different styles, Wilder-Joshua is a fight where there is a big KO threat from both sides. Joshua has a good jab straight right, but the main advantage is that he has the best inside game of the 3, he punches shorter better than both Fury and Wilder. I think he has enough boxing ability to outjab and outbox Wilder from distance and punish him on the inside, and potentially knock him out with short hooks, uppercuts.

The thing Wilder has going for him in that fight is the same he has in every fight, he is a tall, long jack in the box. He has the power and handspeed to land big punches.

The only thing I agree is that Joshua is more hittable than Fury, his head is more forward in his stance and more stationary overall, he is in more of a position to be hit, but also in more of a position to hit back. Totally different fight.

As far as writing Wilder off, I honestly see plenty of people on here and pros on YouTube who are picking Wilder in the rematch so don't know what your talking about

Comment

Joshua doesn't move his head, he's open to get hit. He's not effective when he's moving, doesn't depend on his footwork, has terrible defense and he's just overall slow and robotic.

He's been winning fights by depending solely on his size and conditioning, and wilder is taller and longer than him.

I do not see any way Joshua beats Wilder.
          Joshua has terrible defence so what does Wilder have when he comes out of a fight with a bum level opponent like Eric Molina or Duhaupas with his face all busted up, lips bleeding, eyes closed.

I actually think you are just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            Go watch Duhaupas vs Wilder

Joshua isn't going to be dancing around on the backfoot for 12 rounds slipping punches and pit patting with the jab like fury did

He is going to come forward throwing jabs and straight rights straight down the middle

Wilder has one ko punch, the straight right

Joshua can knock wilder out with straights, hooks and uppercuts.

Joshua is a better technician than Wilder and a more rounded offensive fighter.

Joshua vs Wilder will be Wilder vs Washington if Washington had KO power, in other words a disaster for Wilder, who is technically a BUM who just has a big right hand and height.

You NEVER see Joshua having life and death with fighters on the level of Duhaupas, Szpilka and Molina, he blows through guys like that effortlessly.

Wilder isn't dangerous early, and Joshua won't take the 8,9,10 rounds to get to him that he needs to get himself into the fight.
            Joshua is not going to be able to stop wilder from fighting his fight and he's not going to outfight wilder.

Wilder has a stronger chin and has more power, and wants the fight to turn into a brawl because that's where he's the most dangerous.

Joshua is completely ineffective when you force him to move, and wilder is most dangerous when it turns into a brawl.

Comment

Joshua is not going to be able to stop wilder from fighting his fight and he's not going to outfight wilder.

Wilder has a stronger chin and has more power, and wants the fight to turn into a brawl because that's where he's the most dangerous.

Joshua is completely ineffective when you force him to move, and wilder is most dangerous when it turns into a brawl.
              Ok you really are a moron

Wilder has ZERO infighting ability and is totally ineffective up close, yet he wants a brawl?

Eric molina managed to survive several rounds "brawling" with wilder and even lit him up multiple times

I think AJ will be ok mate

BTW you are straight up trolling, i realize this

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                Ok you really are a moron

Wilder has ZERO infighting ability and is totally ineffective up close, yet he wants a brawl?

Eric molina managed to survive several rounds "brawling" with wilder and even lit him up multiple times

I think AJ will be ok mate

BTW you are straight up trolling, i realize this
                Why do you need to resort to name calling lol

I made my point and you made your point, why are you getting mad?

If you remember, you picked wilder to beat fury, and I said fury was going dominate wilder. So maybe tone down the hypocrisy.

Don't insult another person's intelligence when they called a fight right that you got wrong because that just makes you a hypocrite.

Comment

You need to look at this differently, it isn't as binary as you make out.

You mention 'robotic style' but Wilder looks so rigid and really only comes forward and punches straight down the throat. Its predictable.

Fury promises knockouts but he is the softest puncher of all three.

You CANNOT claim that Wilder has bigger power than Joshua unless you can get them together to actually measure it. Its complete conjecture about who is a bigger puncher.

The only common denominator is Eric Molina.

Wilder took 9 rounds and a lot of knockdowns to put Molina away and Molina had a real go (round 2 and 3 are good examples, he rocked Wilder) because fighters know (especially Ortiz) that you will get just as much of an opening that you could get against Joshua. Molina, after he tasted Joshua's power in round 1 he didn't really go for it like he did with Wilder, if at all.

That is the only demonstration of power that is comparable to both of the fighters and Joshua was far more concise.

Yes, Fury is a lot bigger but don't forget that Fury was coming off 2 years and 2 very poor comeback fights before facing Wilder. I think all reasonable Wilder fans will admit that it wasn't a 100% Fury in the ring and not being 100% presents opportunity.

Bottom line is that with Heavyweights, you will get an opportunity. IMO, you can only call a fight on how many opportunities a fighter can make and how many it takes to win. With that in mind, Joshua creates more opportunities that Wilder and has more power than Fury to exploit them.

IMO, Joshua beats Wilder and Fury.

On a side note; being a Heavyweight myself, if I was fighting Wilder, I'd be happy as larry that someone else in there (twice) exposing his flaws so well!

Comment

AJ KO's Wilder brutally in my opinion

He is a way bigger puncher than anyone Wilder has faced and is technically also superior to Wilder. Wilder would get countered to Oblivion. And when he hurts Wilder he will finish him with combinations. To really hurt Wilder you need to go to the power and not away from it...AJ should try to go on the inside once he has Wilder in trouble. Wilder would have no chance on the inside, he will get destroyed with uppercuts and body blows.

Comment

AJ would beat Wilder. Hell, if Kownacki fights Wilder I'll bet some money on Kownacki, too. The second fight is very probable depending on WF2.

Comment

Working...
                      X