No announcement yet.

Gangsta Rap made me do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangsta Rap made me do it!

I was born in 83 in Los Angeles, Ca. Some of my earliest memories of music besides Kindergarten songs, were the N.W.A., Westside Connections, Death Row Records, & other West Coast Gangsta rap(pers).

The other day I was talking to my best friend that I grew up with and after the conversation I realized how much Gangsta rap influenced our thought process about women, money, and violence(in general).

Anyways, any of you think Hip Hop or music has created a negative influence in your thinking?

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    I was born in 83 in Los Angeles, Ca. Some of my earliest memories of music besides Kindergarten songs, were the N.W.A., Westside Connections, Death Row Records, & other West Coast Gangsta rap(pers).

The other day I was talking to my best friend that I grew up with and after the conversation I realized how much Gangsta rap influenced our thought process about women, money, and violence(in general).

Anyways, any of you think Hip Hop or music has created a negative influence in your thinking?
    Funny how most of those guys, minus Dre and Ice Cube, are broke these days.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Bad choices. Crazy thing is there are tons of kids that were highly influenced by their music and attempted to make the same choices as them. Sadly they didnt have the $ & fame so they now likely have an inmate#

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

born in 83 also!!! grew up in the late 80s, early 90s. best times!!!

Comment

Also been listening to gangsta rap since I was a young one.

I wouldn't say it influenced me negatively in any way. I take responsibility for everything I am.

All they're spitting is reality. They talk about drugs and hoes and violence and money, but that's what the world is. There are drugs hoes, violence and it's all about money.

I grew up without a father, so nobody really taught me how to be a man. Hop Hop was my father. It taught me about how the world works, and it toughened me up. Even learned a lot of pearls of wisdom in between bars.

Comment

Boxfan83 I totally agree man. That is why the gang fever was at its peak in that era. Now it is not as rampant as before. The music REALLY had an influence on people at that time. unfortunately, many did not make it out alive or are in prison serving long sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Studio gangsters... .got it.

When ice cube put his lyrics on an Isley Brothers hit from the 70s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

When ja rule used Stevie wonders Do I do
              Living it up, I think the title was?

Biggie using Juicy Fruit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MucY5wRYByU

I know music bruh, I am not a young dude like these guys..

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                born in 83 also!!! grew up in the late 80s, early 90s. best times!!!
                You young homie.... still laughing that you figured me out. LMAO. For you homie

5 min of funk whodini. B4 the police shut down crusing story and king rd.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwbtgcAo20k

Comment

Working...
                X