No announcement yet.

California votes to grant undocumented immigrants health insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Lets see if HC costs go down after this. Lets see if wait times improve in the ER after this. Lets see if insurance costs go down after this.

I heard all this somewhere before. Yet my insurance has gone up and my deductible has gone up.
    This is America. Nothing goes down costs always go up.

Comment

• Some states have implemented programs to cover undocumented immigrants, particularly children and/or pregnant women. For example, Oregon’s Cover All Kids program provides coverage to kids in household with income up to 305 percent of the poverty level, regardless of immigration status. California has a similar program for children. New York covers kids and pregnant women in its Medicaid program regardless of income, and covers emergency care for other undocumented immigrants in certain circumstances.

Source: https://www.healthinsurance.org/obam...alth-coverage/
      Follow us: eyeOnInsurance on Twitter | healthinsurance.org on Facebook

https://www.healthinsurance.org/obam...alth-coverage/

I was reading another article last week that was more expansive on the topic but for the life of me I can’t find it now.

It seems However that California is going all the way with it. Making it full blown law and selling it free. Other states have done it but did not make it front line news. C

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        The 'attorney' is still having trouble with the concept of evidence.
        And article is now considered evidence? What kangaroo court do you frolic in. Lol.

Comment

Free market competition is responsible for countless improvements and innovations on countless products and services.

Government control eliminates that entirely.

That's a huge reason right there why the private sector always outperforms the public sector, by far.

The problem is our government is ran mostly by lifer politicians. They have no understanding or experience in private sector ingenuity, problem solving, and improvements.

In their bubble, they come to believe government, and only government, can solve problems.

It's a glaring ignorance that has caused so many problems we face not to be solved and to often be exacerbated, and it has actually created so many more problems to boot.

It's one reason I rail so much against lifer politicians, and am generally very excited when I see people with successful private sector experience and knowledge be elected to political offices.
          Private always outperforms the public huh?

Lol

We sent people to the moon more than half a century back. Private companies are barely getting rockets out our atmosphere.

Hell even Soviet Russia was first do that decades ago. And they were full blown communist.

The us military is the most advanced in the world. Most innovative tech is created a decade or two by the military and it slowly works its way to the private sector.

Government fails
          Is efficiency that it.

Comment

Sanders didn't even hold a real job til hit 40, and that was when he was elected to his first political office.

That's not hyperbole, either.

In a society composed mostly of rational people, he would be the town jester.
            Yet millions follow him and it is obvious he doesn't connect with the working class. All that free stuff only leeches and the young will endorse. None of it is really free and if it was why give up your freedoms so the government can support you.

What happens when the money runs out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              Wages don’t go up because shareholders don’t want workers digging in their pockets.

That’s why immigrant labor will always. E a thing.

That’s why the wall will never be built.
              Lmao,,, wages don’t go up because ther is a flood of unskilled workers... anybody with skills like an account, engineer, doctor, lawyer, etc gets paid, and idiots that can be replaced by a 15 year old, wages don’t go up..

Supply of unskilled workers is thru the roof, and that’s why wages don’t go up...

Are you tying to say skilled workers like engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc ther wages aren’t going up over he past decade or 2. That’s what you are claiming?

Comment

Working...
              X