Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put in perspective: Danny Jacobs got outboxed by a ONE-LEGGED fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
    Jacobs dictated the pace all night. Canelo couldnt cut the ring with a chainsaw.
    Dictated the pace by throwing so wild a haymaker that he damn near blew out his own knee slipping and falling?

If you missed that, bigdunny1 can refresh your memory.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 05-06-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      According to him, he ate tainted Mexican meat.

Meat in Spanish = carne.

Clenelo is also accurate, but we need to give him the benefit of the doubt on the source being meat. And thus, Carnelo.
      aahhh ok makes sense

Comment

Sergio wasn't hobbling at first against Cotto. It wasn't until he got clipped that he started hobbling.
        Nah, Sergio was favoring that knee from the opening bell. It just got worse as the fight wore on.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          Nah, Sergio was favoring that knee from the opening bell. It just got worse as the fight wore on.
          You must have skipped Round 1 I take it, because Sergio actually looked basic decent in that round. It wasn't until Cotto hit him with the first clean punch that he started favoring OR hobbling.

Comment

So we need to put that win into some perspective. At some point the skill level of Carnelo Alvarez has to be recognized, being able to move defensively like that on a bum knee against a top flight, prime opponent in Danny Jacobs.
            Which is worse? An injured leg or dehydrated fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              Which is worse? An injured leg or dehydrated fighter?
              One is a choice. The other is not.

Comment

You must have skipped Round 1 I take it, because Sergio actually looked basic decent in that round. It wasn't until Cotto hit him with the first clean punch that he started favoring OR hobbling.
                In any event, the original argument is that Canelo was a one-legged fighter against Jacobs. That is simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                  I remember I was discussing Danny's boxing IQ with another poster. He said Danny was a dumb fighter and I said that Danny was just average...I'm starting to think he was right and that Danny is just dumb.
                  Jacobs just isn't a good counter puncher, this is why both Canelo and Golovkin were comfortable leading. At least he understands his limitations because Jacobs truly wanted to go for it, he would have gotten stopped in those two bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    Jacobs just isn't a good counter puncher, this is why both Canelo and Golovkin were comfortable leading. At least he understands his limitations because Jacobs truly wanted to go for it, he would have gotten stopped in those two bouts.
                    I think another factor to consider here is that Canelo IS a counter-puncher and Jacobs knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      In any event, the original argument is that Canelo was a one-legged fighter against Jacobs. That is simply not true.
                      You can ignore the knee brace all day long. Facts don't care

Comment

Working...
                      X