No announcement yet.

common sense and history tell us ortiz is telling the truth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    That's a terrible analogy. It's more like you have 2 job offers, job number one is a few hours work a day, 3 days a week and you'll get $15,000 a year, the other is 50 hours a week of difficult work for $150,000 a year. Do you take the easy job or the hard job? Most who have been offered the Joshua fight take the easy job.
    Your example makes no sense, but I’m not going to argue analogies.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Doesn’t matter what their career paydays are though. if I go to a job interview and everyone in my position makes 100k a year and they offer me minimum wage because that’s what I made at my last job, should I take it?
      I'll happily argue analogies.

It's like if you were currently earning $150k a year. More than most people in your industry.

You talk about wanting to move to a more successful company.

You get offered $700k a year. And turn it down because you think you are worth more and go back to your $150k a year.

Comment

From what I’ve read, there was a Lowball offer, turned down and that’s it. No contract, no negotiations.

I’d love to see a list of fighters who have claimed the same thing with Hearn.

Wilder
        Whyte
        Wilder
        Fury
        Ortiz

I’m sure I’m missing some...

Looking forward to AJ vs Trevor Bryan though. The UK Hearniac casual crowd can talk about how AJ beat an American heavyweight champion.
        Your lying as always.

Fury demanded 60%. Was offered a 4 fight deal including Joshua , where he wouldn't be guaranteed 4 million because a Joshua fight easily doubled his 7 million he made for Wilder.

Whyte was offered his highest pay.

Ortiz can't be low balled to what he's made and does phantom call outs.

Wilder ran from 120 million.

Hearn also initially offered Miller 2/3 million from his 200 K paydays , is that low balling to? DAZN stepped in and offered the 6.5 million.

You even added Wilder twice because you were so intent making your own phantom list. Ha
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-24-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Your lying as always.

Fury demanded 60%. Was offered a 4 fight deal including Joshua , where he wouldn't be guaranteed 4 million because a Joshua fight easily doubled his 7 million he made for Wilder.

Whyte was offered his highest pay.

Ortiz can't be low balled to what he's made and does phantom call outs.

Wilder ran from 120 million.

Hearn also initially offered Miller 2/3 million from his 200 K paydays , is that low balling to? DAZN stepped in and offered the 6.5 million.

You even added Wilder twice because you were so intent making your own phantom list. Ha
          There is a trend though. That's a fact.

Comment

From what I’ve read, there was a Lowball offer, turned down and that’s it. No contract, no negotiations.

I’d love to see a list of fighters who have claimed the same thing with Hearn.

Wilder
            Whyte
            Wilder
            Fury
            Ortiz

I’m sure I’m missing some...

Looking forward to AJ vs Trevor Bryan though. The UK Hearniac casual crowd can talk about how AJ beat an American heavyweight champion.

Turn down a chance to win the unified heavyweight championship of the world and your image may suffer. You may get criticism for not stepping up, not showing ambition.

Turn down a chance to win the unified heavyweight championship of the world and blame a lowball offer and the scrutiny moves elsewhere.

PR 101.

Comment

Ortiz fought on the undercard of Lara in his last fight, and on Mikey Garcias undercard before that and on another undercard before that, he has no profile, doesnt speak english, cant promote/sell a fight. Yet he talks big and was going to fight AJ for any amount he claimed, now that he got called out he tucks his tail in, he didnt just exposes himself, he exposed all the PBC pom pom weavers, Haymon and specially Wilder.

Comment

Looool this is sad, sure take the word of the well known drugs cheat who has also been known to contradict himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                  Turn down a chance to win the unified heavyweight championship of the world and your image may suffer. You may get criticism for not stepping up, not showing ambition.

Turn down a chance to win the unified heavyweight championship of the world and blame a lowball offer and the scrutiny moves elsewhere.

PR 101.
                  Then on the flipside you can offer peanuts, then go to the media and say "we made an offer, they're ducking."

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Told you these Wilder fans are ******ed. Since when did Ortiz become American?
                    You know wtf I mean. Stop being obtuse. These fighters who fight in AMERICA seem to have trouble landing an AJ fight. For a guy with a few belts he should be a star over here by now.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      There is a trend though. That's a fact.
                      Yea there's a trend all right.

Wilder 2.1 million offered 12.5./ 15 million.

Wilder 7 / 10 million offered 120 million .

Whyte 2 million offered 5 million. With rematch clause worth minimum of 15 million combined.

Miller 200 K offered 6.5.

Ortiz 500K reported was offered more then 5 million now. ( 7)

Martin offered 6 million was 10x his highest.

Parker 32% tallying 6 million from ?????

The only trend here is fighters running away and / or getting well over their worth.
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-25-2019, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X