Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we know if crawford is actually any better at welter than mikey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Spence, Crawford, and Garcia are all great fighters. Stop hating.
    Theyve barely beaten a world class fighter between them.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      So you are done trashing Spence and are now back to trying to trash Crawford?
      You know these weirdos on boxingscene are obsessed and hate on black fighters all day, especially UK fans. They never make any threads about their fighters in the UK though lol. That should tell you everything you need to know

Comment

Why won't you give Spence props for breaking Brook's eye?

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Theyve barely beaten a world class fighter between them.
          Who has Billy Saunders beat without cheating? Who has Fury beat without cheating? Who has Dillian Whyte beat without cheating? Where are your threads for Sam Eggington and Carl Frampton? Lmao. None of those UK bums have beat a world class fighter. Garcia beat an undefeated Matthysse that’s a better opponent than 90% of those UK bums have.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            Why won't you give Spence props for breaking Brook's eye?
            Uh, because it was a blatant headbutt maybe?

Comment

Crawford is a whole lot better than Mikey at welterweight. Trust me, I know what i see. I called Spence vs Mikey a mismatch since the day it was signed and always expressed that it was probably going to be very one sided. Turns out it was.

Now why is it not the same situation as with Mikey? Crawford is a natural welterweight and is way bigger than Mikey. He carries more power and even more speed despite being bigger. The guy has the frame to fight at 147 and be successful. Mikey does not, he looked like a chubby kid. Despite knocking out Horn and Benavidez, who are much bigger than Crawford and true welterweights proves that he has the power to keep guys honest in this weight class. Pacquiao couldn't stop Horn in his tracks and he has real power. Crawford did do it and even bullied Horn. Horn is a big guy and is probably going up to an even higher division. Tells me all I need to know really. We will see if it happens.

Comment

The only way to determine this is to see if Garcia can knock Ricky Burns out..at some other weight.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Crawford is a whole lot better than Mikey at welterweight. Trust me, I know what i see. I called Spence vs Mikey a mismatch since the day it was signed and always expressed that it was probably going to be very one sided. Turns out it was.

Now why is it not the same situation as with Mikey? Crawford is a natural welterweight and is way bigger than Mikey. He carries more power and even more speed despite being bigger. The guy has the frame to fight at 147 and be successful. Mikey does not, he looked like a chubby kid. Despite knocking out Horn and Benavidez, who are much bigger than Crawford and true welterweights proves that he has the power to keep guys honest in this weight class. Pacquiao couldn't stop Horn in his tracks and he has real power. Crawford did do it and even bullied Horn. Horn is a big guy and is probably going up to an even higher division. Tells me all I need to know really. We will see if it happens.
                  I dunno, Horn looked pretty dead in that 9th or 10th round haha

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                    I dunno, Horn looked pretty dead in that 9th or 10th round haha
                    True yeah that was the 9th, but he came back strong in rounds 10,11 and 12 (Horn did). Pacquiao, apart from round 9, couldn't really keep Horn off him and push him back. Crawford was the one bullying and trashing around Horn. Shows me that he has alot of strength at 147 to do that to such a big guy

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      True yeah that was the 9th, but he came back strong in rounds 10,11 and 12 (Horn did). Pacquiao, apart from round 9, couldn't really keep Horn off him and push him back. Crawford was the one bullying and trashing around Horn. Shows me that he has alot of strength at 147 to do that to such a big guy
                      It's not Pac's style to bully but I agree that Crawford does have strength and I think I've seen pics of him on the scale between fights weighing in the 170s. He seems to have bigger pop in his punches since moving up from 135.

And with the theme of the topic, I think Crawford vs Spence is pretty even while I gave Garcia no chance. Would really need to see Crawford fight someone that gives him some movement and angles at this weight before I can decide. Horn and Benevidez both come forward and (in my opinion) don't have the same skills as Kell Brook

Comment

Working...
                      X