Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there potential for Spence vs Crawford trilogy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there potential for Spence vs Crawford trilogy?

Bowe vs Holyfield
    Tony vs Mcallum
    Morales vs Barrera
    Pacquiao vs Marquez

These are the most recent "ATG" rivalries. Is there room for a Spence vs Crawford?

It's really impossible to predict trilogies IMO.

And too many political barriers on that one as well, we'd be lucky to get that fight once two years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      we'd be lucky to get that fight once two years from now.
      how depressing

Comment

Whats the most recent trilogy between cats who are/were from different promoters on different platforms? Has that happened in the last 30 years???

Legit question above cuz I can't think of it happening so I gotta say its extremely unlikely to happen.

And plus you need a neck & neck competitive type fight to get a rematch & then the other guy gots to win the 2nd fight for their to even be a third fight typically so you got a whole thing there with even getting to a trilogy even if both fighters are under the same banner.

Just too much has to happen with the actual fighting & rivalry + with all these conflicting parties getting on the same page for this one to go past 1 fight I'd bet, but at best it'd probably max out at a rematch if EVERYTHING went right.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Whats the most recent trilogy between cats who are/were from different promoters on different platforms? Has that happened in the last 30 years???

Legit question above cuz I can't think of it happening so I gotta say its extremely unlikely to happen.

And plus you need a neck & neck competitive type fight to get a rematch & then the other guy gots to win the 2nd fight for their to even be a third fight typically so you got a whole thing there with even getting to a trilogy even if both fighters are under the same banner.

Just too much has to happen with the actual fighting & rivalry + with all these conflicting parties getting on the same page for this one to go past 1 fight I'd bet, but at best it'd probably max out at a rematch if EVERYTHING went right.
          GGG/Canelo is sure to be a trilogy.
          It was decided before their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            GGG/Canelo is sure to be a trilogy.
            It was decided before their first fight.
            GGG & Canelo are both with HBO.

Bud is with TR/ESPN. Spence is with PBC/Showtime/Fox. If Bud & Spence both had the same promoter or were on the same network it'd be a much easier fight to make.

Comment

It’s a shame we have to imagine possibly trilogies between guys because everyone is scared to fight King Khan once. Khan has to let off the gas and TRY TO NOT KNOCK people out just to get rounds in hoping one of these top guys step up to the plate. Since khan got cheated in the Canelo fight it took 2 years for some one to finally have the balls to fight him. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait that long again....khan has retired Thurman, Floyd and Garcia’s dad. Khan has retired more people than the age 65.

Comment

If the fights are good close fights then yes it's possible. I think Spence would win most of the rounds and win by KO and there would be no demand for a rematch. MAN DOWN!

Comment

I'll settle for a first fight between "Bud" Vs. "The Truth"

Comment

no, they're starting to get old for a trilogy to happen. and from the looks of it, they're not gonna fight each other any time soon.

for a match up to have a trilogy and be competitive/entertaining, both fighters needs to fight each other in their 20s.

Comment

Working...
                    X