No announcement yet.

Should Police be allowed to use Drones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'm cool with drones as long as airspace counts as property to some height in the air. I don't wanna be bumping into a drone in my backyard, but if they wanna go up to 3,000 ft (or some such height) & use some fancy camera to take a picture of something they feel is illegal happening, fair play.

Its a lil creepy to be droning outside of windows, but that seems like something that they could be doing within reason as well.

I'm personally of the belief that with the technology we have growing more strong & widely used that any crime committed outside will be on camera at some future date. It'll be like google earth 24/7/365. So this is coming like it or not & drones aren't even the end game.

And hell I like the idea of drones being the public face in many police vs civilian exchanges. That would save cops life & prevent many cop killing civilian situations as the drone wouldn't need to take deadly force first. The drone could wait til a civilian shows he's legit willing to fire a weapon & either kill him or just take him out thru less lethal measures.
    I remeber their was a big legal issue with drones a year or 2 ago.

zoning teh airspace above your house as property and drones cant fly their etc, it was cause that dude shot a drone down with a shotgun or somethihg.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      If only liberty was as simple as trespassing laws basically from how you are describing it. Things are much more fluid & complicated then that.

And there are plenty of laws on the books that are trespassing into our liberty via drug laws & the selling of sex & numerous other things. There is no real liberty now. We have fake liberty & fake liberty is just becoming a smaller space & will become smaller.

To me liberty is as bs a term in reality as the often used term "god given rights". There are no god given rights. We have the rights we have decided to give ourselves & sometimes that doesn't even matter & those rights are abused or not even given.
      Liberty isn't as simple as trespassing laws nor did I imply that in any way. Liberty means freedom from oppression. Rights define what is moral and or legal. At its core, rights are simply what is just. Now we can debate what is just, but to act as if freedom shouldn't be a part of the conversation is downright horrific imo. That is just giving up. I'm a bit more optimistic than that.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Roughly 1.2 million a year in a country with 330 million people, so it affects a very small percentage of people. Government policies on the other hand affect entire cities, counties or the country. So the impact of government on people's lives, as a whole, is far more significant.

Liberty is far from BS or free from the absence of rules. Liberty is not a synonym for anarchy. Laws are meant to protect rights or at a minimum give you an avenue to at least seek justice should your rights be violated. The basic premise is my rights end where your's begin and vice versa.
        Last time I was in Cali & bought an Amtrk ticket, I had to show proof of ID. I can travel on trains buses within Japan & no ID is needed. I'm more free here.

Comment

Working...
        X