Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    man i'm still pissed that cotto/kirkland fight got cancelled

me and 5 homies had $200 seats already bought for that ****

Damn, that sucks. I'm still pissed about it myself. Even though I didn't have tickets for it. I was looking forward to it. I mean it was a good enough fight to put together after a long layoff, it definitely wasn't a PPV fight. But it was a good fight for coming back after being out for so long.
    Last edited by The Time; 03-29-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      Damn, that sucks. I'm still pissed about it myself. Even though I didn't have tickets for it. I was looking forward to it. I mean it was a good enough fight to put together after a long layoff, it definitely wasn't a PPV fight. But it was a good fight for coming back after being out for so long.
      Yeah I just figured, what other chance am I going to have to be able to see the great Miguel Cotto work live? I mean that **** was going to be like a 30 minute drive away

Comment

When is this Diva going to retire? Is he Fighting Jeff Whistle?

Comment

lol something will come up and this date will also be cancelled.

Comment

Cotto vs. Khan. Sports biggest cry baby vs. Sports biggest joke PPV. Nah maybe the trilogy with what is left of Margarito.

Comment

Fight Bradley and then Khan in Nov, Dec then retire

Comment

I wish Cotto vs Bradley or Cotto vs Lara

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                  This is almost getting comical. And it's tiring. We've read headlines over the past year, Cotto to fight in June from last year, then it was Cotto to fight in December. Then it was Cotto to fight the beginning of 2017. The Cotto-Kirkland fallout wasn't Cotto's fault. But Roc Nation's inability to secure an opponent is absurd. I hope we don't get anymore headlines until they know who the actual opponent is, not a list of possible opponents in the running.
                  Obviously they are having trouble locating a definite "win" opponent for Cotto that would still justify a PPV event so they can meet Cotto's guarantee.

Comment

I. Lara or time Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                      Obviously they are having trouble locating a definite "win" opponent for Cotto that would still justify a PPV event so they can meet Cotto's guarantee.

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the $15 million they need to pay Cotto and that HBO can't afford it, thus is why Cotto-Kirkland was scheduled for PPV. I'm just wondering how they were able to get Cotto vs Geale on regular HBO if he's getting $15 mill a fight. I'm pretty sure they have ways to split his payment up or work something out with Cotto if the plan is a big PPV for the end of the year. He's going to either have to upgrade his opponent selection or if they do pick someone beatable, the name has to be decent enough along with a seriously stacked undercard to warrant a PPV. I don't think Roc Nation or his handlers are doing their due diligence to get things moving and done in a satisfactory manner for both the fighter and the fans. But we will see what happens here as June approaches.

Comment

Working...
                      X