No announcement yet.

ISIS bulldozes ancient Mesopotamian civilization

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
    Still not as bad as dropping a nuclear bomb.

Americans didn't just bulldoze thousands of years of culture, they completely decimated it from existence, along with thousands of women,children, animals, plants, and everything else within a mile radius.

The nazis attempted a genocide and failed, but Americans successfully wiped out scores of Indian tribes from the face of the earth.

Not to mention 400 years of slavery and even longer oppression.

It might be politically correct to hate on ISIS, but they're just rookie upstarts compared to the undisputed G.O.A.T of Oppression and destruction: The United States of America.
    You are as misguided and misinformed as someone like Louis CK or Ben Affleck. Do you even understand or know the ideological war we were fighting with Japan!? As we started the island hopping offensive, tens of thousands of civilians committed suicide in horrific fashion to avoid submitting to America. They drowned their children, jumped off cliffs, held grenades to their head! These people made Nazi Germany's ideology look pacifist. The Japanese subjected hoards of foreign and even their own populations to torture and terror. When we approached Japan to plan an invasion because they refused to surrender, Japanese pilots would fly into our ships on a daily basis making American casualties reach the thousands while just standing by. If America invaded Japan we would have taken an astronomical amount of casualties, and assuming we would of won, would have witnessed an entire population literally murder themselves. Soldiers who fought in the most gruesome battles in the Pacific recognize the mass suicide of the native populations as the most gut-wrenching thing to have ever witnessed. You truly had to see these horrors to believe it. After we dropped the bombs, Japan surrendered and then we realized that the nuclear bomb had far worst affects then we had previously thought. The affects of Nuclear fallout were not known. Subsequently we took Japan under our wing and aided them to recovery.

The native americans were barbarians who achieved status within their own society through rape and murder. Being more savage and violent was championed. Though they didn't claim ownership of land (they did have borders that defined their territory however) they constantly murdered and terrorized other tribes as a social norm. It wasn't until the anglo-saxons arrival that inspired the Native Americans to unite forming alliances in some cases. The native americans were dangerous and un-relatable to the anglo-saxons form of justification and rule of law. Most Native Americans basically became extinct because their immune systems couldn't counter the European illnesses. Both Europeans and Native Americans connived terror and war against one another. It wasn't until the United States power of technology and sophistication did the Indians meet their final days of staying relevant while refusing to conform.

Slavery was introduced to European mercantilist BY the Africans. Ironically to this day Africans subject themselves to slavery within their own culture. United States sacrificed their own blood to outlaw the inhuman practice. Because of slavery Black people live in the richest country on earth, that provides freedom and opportunity like no other.

Since when is wiping away history from the cradle of civilization and doing the most wretched things imaginable to other human beings rookie-esque. ISIS is the personification of evil. Most people like you though won't accept it, and excuse their sinister acts because you don't see or experience these vile heinous crimes.

If United States is as evil as you say. Then why don't you give some logical examples of it

Comment

The only thing we need to know is that ISIS is a threat and need to be wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
        I actually don't think you're stupid, not in the least. I think you're attempting to find a balance of sorts, perhaps in an attempt to hold the mirror of ugliness up to the faces of the fingerpointers to remind them that " your people too, have committed evil deeds."

However, everything is relevant. While past transgressions should never be forgotten, as that is now we keep from repeating, it is not always wise to reveal skeletons in the closet when the topic at hand is flesh and blood.

Enjoy the fight.
        I've noticed the world is getting angrier and angrier every day.

The danger with allowing anger is that you end up becoming as bad as what you're angry at, growing and spreading exponentially until it consumes everything.

It was anger and hatred that created ISIS, more anger and hatred is going to beget more anger and hatred.

At least I know which side I'm on. The War isn't ISIS vs America or Christianity vs Muslim or Brown vs White. It's violence vs reason, ignorance vs understanding.

What good is fighting a war when you end up becoming the monster you're fighting against?
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-09-2015, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
          I've noticed the world is getting angrier and angrier every day.

The danger with allowing anger is that you end up becoming as bad as what you're angry at, growing and spreading exponentially until it consumes everything.

It was anger and hatred that created ISIS, more anger and hatred is going to beget more anger and hatred.

At least I know which side I'm on. The War isn't ISIS vs America or Christianity vs Muslim or Brown vs White. It's violence vs reason, ignorance vs understanding.

What good is fighting a war when you end up becoming the monster you're fighting against?
          You are correct in your assessment of the situation; and while I agree with your synopsis, "understanding" will not end this particular episode of barbarism. It is necessary that those who are logical can/understand it and do analyze it; but, unfortunately, smetmes the best way to fight fire is with fire, ergo, more violence.

That being said, as I stated earlier, given our(Western) history and reputation in that particular region of the world, I do think it wisest to allow local rulers and states to deal with this current threat to humanity with us only playing an arbitrary role, aiding with weapons supplies and such......unless absolutely necessary.

This is part of the growing pains of the Islamic religion, to my thinking, and akin to a family dispute, albeit on a world stage. The West has already established a discpicable reputation among most in that region of the world, due to our previous actions, and our direct involvement, once again, would not be looked at as "heroic" by the people of that region, and would likely garner more support for ISIS from those individuals who already have a grudge against us.

If, however, we maintain a respectful distance and only aid in resources, I feel ISIS is ostracisizing itself from the majority in the Muslim world and is sowing the seeds of its own destruction from within.

We, as a global society, have a long way to go towards true unity of purpose, and along the way, ignorance is one of the foes which must be defeated. Unfortunately, sometimes violence must be met with violence.

Comment

On March 5, 2015, Iraq announced that ISIL militants had bulldozed Nimrud and its archeological site on the basis that they were blasphemous.
            ISIL declared an intention to destroy the restored city gates in Nineveh.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/05/wo...t-city-nimrud/

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              On March 5, 2015, Iraq announced that ISIL militants had bulldozed Nimrud and its archeological site on the basis that they were blasphemous.
              ISIL declared an intention to destroy the restored city gates in Nineveh.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/05/wo...t-city-nimrud/
              This rampant ignorance really should be stopped. Unfortunately in the history of the world, its nothing new. Just ask the Aztecs.

I really hope they are stopped soon......this whole misadventure in time is making my stomach turn.

Comment

Working...
              X