Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Enzo Calzaghe: Carl Froch is Not a Great Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch is a very good fighter and he became very good by getting every single ounce out of his latent potential, leaving nothing unturned. He became a very good fighter by fighting everyone he could and ducking no one.

Joe Calzaghe was a great fighter, even with the brittle hands. But JC is a great fighter who could have done more to become the greatest which he clearly fell a little short of.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Enzo Calzaghe, father/trainer of super middleweight great Joe Calzaghe, does not expect Carl Froch to be remembered in the history books as a great fighter. Enzo has kept a close eye on Froch and likes what he sees, but he doesn't view him as a "great fighter."

[Click Here To Read More]
      Enzo's opinion doesn't count....I guess someobdy forgot to tell him that....Froch will go down as a frar greater FIGHTER than Enzo will as a TRAINER.....Froch was able to make fans outta his haters by the way he went about his work....Joe was NEVER able to accomplish such a thing!!...GTFOH Enzo!!!

Comment

Froch would have made Joe quit.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          Enzo's opinion doesn't count....I guess someobdy forgot to tell him that....Froch will go down as a frar greater FIGHTER than Enzo will as a TRAINER.....Froch was able to make fans outta his haters by the way he went about his work....Joe was NEVER able to accomplish such a thing!!...GTFOH Enzo!!!
          Joe had alot of haters back when he fought Eubank who ended up jumping on the bandwagon. So you're wrong there. Just wasn't popular in the States and that's understandable since most Yanks only started to take notice after the Lacy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            When will Carl Froch get the respect he deserves?!?!

If people have the audacity to call fighters like Prince Naseem and David Haye great fighters, then why not Froch? Froch's legacy is better than both of theirs combined. Unlike Naz you can't deny Froch fought the best and beat a lot of the best.

Nothing new here, the Calzaghe's have always shown disrespect towards Froch. It was probably a good move Joe made to head into retirement before ever facing Froch.
            Wtf called either of them great??? Grt real. Naz was ultra entertaining & exciting bc of punching pwr. Enzo is right frochy is just a good fighter....period.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
              Say what you want but he's faced a string of opponents that Joe Calzaghe could only dream of. No idea what purpose is served by Enzo coming out with this, I'd have kept my mouth shut if I were him.
              This.........

Comment

frotch would have beaten joe. also 115-113 hopkins.

Comment

Carl Froch >>>> Joe Calzaghe in entertainment value and competition level. Calzaghe should go snort some coke and tell his father to shut his mouth. The Jermain Taylor Froch knocked out would have mopped the floor with Calzaghe. Calzaghe is known for getting dropped by washed up Roy and old Bhop. Just imagine what Froch would have done to Joe Blow

Comment

Froch would not have beaten Calzaghe, lets be serious. Joe was too fast with too much workrate. Would've been a good fight but not much question about who would've won.

Comment

He may not be a truly special fighter in historical terms, but I have more respect for him than I ever did for Calzaghe. He wants to fight the best, no caveats.

Comment

Working...
                      X