Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA Times Article: Smooth sailing toward a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two legends will make bank for their retirement fund.

Comment

Go ahead and try, instead of a 9 figure payday, Flroid will be getting a 6 figure payday and left to wonder why the fight only sold 57K PPV buys. Make it happen big guy, time to get a dose of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Go ahead and try, instead of a 9 figure payday, Flroid will be getting a 6 figure payday and left to wonder why the fight only sold 57K PPV buys. Make it happen big guy, time to get a dose of reality.
        The fight will do about 1.8mill buys .

Comment

Is anyone here going to put their hand up and out themselves as someone who would pay to watch this?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
            Is anyone here going to put their hand up and out themselves as someone who would pay to watch this?
            Imma watch ALL THE FIGHTS.

I'm a hardcore boxing fan. And I'm definitely watching event fights like this one would be. Sh^t when Ray Leonard Jr & Marvin Hagler Jr were talking about fighting last year on the anniversary of their dad's epic fight I was like take my money cuz that woulda been an event fight just off of their daddy's names.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              The fight will do about 1.8mill buys .
              I don't hate that number. I wanted to say I'll take the over, but 1.8M might be about right give or take. That would put them just outside the top 5 PPV's of all time. I was gonna lean more towards the 2M mark putting them inside the top 5, but I feel like this might be a harder sell then Floyd & Manny might be thinking.

Random Question for anyone: Is Macau doing big fights these days? I'm getting the vibe (& hint from Arum) they might do this one outside of the US cuz its kinda weird they met up in Japan of all places. And Macau seems like a place that might have the money to make this worthwhile for both fighters even if the PPV numbers aren't challenging their record.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Imma watch ALL THE FIGHTS.

I'm a hardcore boxing fan. And I'm definitely watching event fights like this one would be. Sh^t when Ray Leonard Jr & Marvin Hagler Jr were talking about fighting last year on the anniversary of their dad's epic fight I was like take my money cuz that woulda been an event fight just off of their daddy's names.
                I'm with you in this.
                I'm a boxing fan and I for one will be watching all the big fights when they come our way.
                Why wouldn't you??
                Manny/Money is a event in itself.
                With all the hype and atmosphere.
                Plus the chance to see Mayweather lose. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  It’d be historically insignificant if Floyd wins again. But what if he loses? looool. I know it wouldn’t weigh anywhere near as much as beating him in his prime but it’d still be a dirt in his resume. Still enough to put him on suicide watch imo
                  Yeah that's very true. It makes me think that Floyd is having money issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X