Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Mentioning 'Caveman' GGG With Hagler Disrespectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    it absolutely 100% IS Golovkin's fault

FACT: the list of guys he avoided, is MUCH bigger than his list of notable win
    s

if Golovkin wanted to be remembered historically, he needed to behave the way those great champions behaved..... rather than make silly excuses and lie to his fans

his career is built on hype, not substance..... simply because they avoided the substance
    Let's see that supposed list, so we can judge for ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

but..... you have already seen it kafkod, AS YOU WELL KNOW

1) he made a bunch of silly excuses to avoid Sergio Mora in a showcase on HBO, preferring instead to fight a NO-HOPER in Monaco on free-TV

Mora was an ex-champ who had clearly faded, which is the ideal opponent for a young fighter attempting to establish himself on the world-stage..... boxing has always worked that way.....

NOT saying that Golovkin could not have beaten Mora, just that the Latin Snake is a known mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... and they were not willing to risk failing to put Mora away, looking bad in the process, or..... worse

when I heard Loeffler stuttering and stammering his way through half-a-dozen silly excuses, I knew what was up..... that was ridiculous..... because insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not an unknown NO-HOPER on free TV who is WORSE

missing opportunities like that, and with guys like Cotto..... is why Golovkin only has 97k fans..... he needed those type of fights

2) they did the exact same thing to Lara and Ward, who are both also known mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against.....

Lara would have been Golovkin's best opponent to date at that point..... and once again, insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not guys like Willie Monroe, Wade, Brook, etc.....

3) Ward..... they promised to fight Ward at 168..... a) they killed the fight in June 2015 by demanding a catchweight they knew would kill the fight..... b) in September 2015 they refused that fight in 36 minutes flat

4) the superstar Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

those are the exact type of fights that Golovkin should have taken

5) they specifically promised to fight Canelo at 154..... but as above, when shht got real they tucked tail and ran from that fight..... and just like above, 6 months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody would step up.....

6) Derevyanchenko - and Golovkin got stripped

7) Saunders..... why the fcuk would Golovkin select a total NO-HOPER in Vanes, when Saunders was running around with his "dream"..... calling him Pvssy-Borat.,.... and offering to fight him in June???

a unification > a mando, so Golovkin would not have been stripped for refusing to fight Derevyanchenko..... instead, Golovkin avoided TWO threats, selected an inactive JMW, and got stripped for his troubles in the process.....

the very second that Saunders said he was available, there was no other fight to make..... Munguia, Spike, and Vanes..... should never have been mentioned

..... come on, that is the 3rd most bizarre situation within the sport of boxing that I have ever witnessed..... two of those situations being created by Golovkin

btw, fcuk you for making me type all of that..... I will simply bookmark it..... for the next bullshht artist who wants to play dumb

if you think all of that happened by coincidence, you are a fkn dreamer

stop licking Golovkin's sack and then expecting old school fans to applaud you for it..... MANY established journalists have said the exact same thing..... which is why you should have smartened up

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

what a fkn idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          In 2014 when he was 49 years old vs a 31 year old....LOL
          I guess you've forgotten he also lost to Calzaghe... re lol

Comment

• You're only great after you retire. If hagler was alive today and lost to willie monroe everyone would call him a bum.

Comment

• Hopkins was good Hagler was better. Hopkins should look in the mirror and do some soul searching before he comes out with something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Um...no, actually he didn't. BHOP looked old in that fight and had to fake getting hit low to buy time because "calslappy" was slapping his ass all over the ring.

Anybody wondering why everyone thinks j.razor is a POS look at that post. Calzaghes Dad dies today and believes he’s a petty, childish racist **** with an agenda he makes a childish name because he’s mad Calzaghe whipped Hopkins ass and had him wanting to quit. That shows he’s a very low caliber of human being with no filter. **** him.

Comment

• Hagler overrated.

had a war with blown up light weight Duran.

lost to a washed up Leonard coming out of retirement with one good eye.

best known for "war" with blown up welter Hearns.

this resume is ass juice.

and Hopkins reign at 160 is pretty similar to GGG.. average. his reign looks slightly better because smaller men with big names (Tito, Oscar) moved up and faced him.

Hopkins had a trilogy with Robert Allen for fcks sake.

I love Bhop, I grew up on his reign. but lets not be blind now.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                    Most of y’all are dumbasses. Consider this I already regret posting because you can’t reason with total idiots.

Hagler was no doubt great and a favorite fighter as I watched his great fights when they happened! His greatest fight was the way he fought Hearns. If he had just boxed Hearns would have won.

Hagler made two grave errors that cannot be erased.
                    1. The way he started the fight with SRL. He didn’t jump on him !!!! I said OH NO out loud at the Fox theater in Atlanta Georgia!! He lost because he was missing something in his heart and let the fight go and SRL KNEW IT FROM THE SMILE THAT CAME ON HIS FACE !!!!
                    2. Hagler again blew the fight with Duran. Why I don’t have a clue but he did not attack like he should have!!! I have great respect for Hagler!! He was great but he is tainted!!!

GGG IN MY OPINION tainted the first fight with Canelo by not attacking him in the first three rounds. He has the opportunity to rectify this by beating Canelo from the first bell whether he runs or stands to fight. If he loses he is tainted for life if he KO s his redass all is well!!!

BIGASSRED has lost his size and his feedbarreled Head. It’s evident he didn’t get his peds this time around. He may be quicker he may not be . His stamina won’t be as great without the peds.

GGG has no doubt prepared for a track meet or a war.

GGG HAS BEEN DUCKED by all the champions at middleweight. No one can refute this fact. Segerio Martinez did Cotto did and Canelo handed him the belt. No one wanted to fight GGG!!! It’s not his fault being the wrecking ball !!! Jacobs came in as a light heavy or CW and still was put on his ass and lost the fight.

I cannot believe skinny Canelo can hurt GGG. Only OLD MAN CAN BEAT HIM

WE WILL SEE TOMORROW NITE IF I LIVE THRU THIS FOR I AM RAMPED TIGHT WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!

GGG WOULD HAVE KO’d Hopkins!!

In their primes I would go with GGG DUE TO POWER OVER Hagler!!
                    Hagler was cautious against Duran, understandably so. At that time he hadnt been knocked out cold by Hearns, and was considered the best lightweight to ever wear gloves. I felt he did enough to beat Leonard, but he had lost a step with the Mugabi war. GGG-Hagler would be an entertaining fight, but imo if it became a war Hagler would prevail.
                    Hopkins would be a tough fight for GGG as well, long like Jacob's, and a far trickier fighter. Only one way to beat B-Hop, non stop attacking like Calzaghe.

Comment

• I'm really disappointed with Hopkins. I honestly wasn't a fan of his fighting style but I admired his determination and drive. I thought what he accomplished in his career in terms of longevity was amazing. He then went on to a successful career after he retired. Really surprised at his attitude.

Comment

Working...
                      X