No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: Canelo Should Have Been Banned, GGG Wins Quite Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
    It's funny yet annoying when you can tell someone doesn't read a whole article. They reference what Dr. Eichner said but tend to ignore the part you posted.
    It is what it is, I probably would've been the same way had it not been for the Magomed fight and watching that horror show unfold, following the story once the public forgot about it and still keeping up to date on it. I can't really ever look at this sport as anything goes. While that situation isn't related to peds/drugs it was a huge wake up call about the barbarity of this sport and how when we turn off the tv/leave the arena these guys still have to live on ruined for life.

Comment

me and Khan finally in agreement now

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
        Agree that he should have been banned more than 6 months.

I've got Canelo winning 7-5 in part 2. I want GGG to win, but Canelo is in his physical prime and GGG is 36. They're may be some truth to Canelo finding something in GGG in the last three rounds of part 1 that he can exploit.

I hope I'm very wrong. Here's to a great fight
        I agree with what you say. Lets not forget Canelo's perrenial stamina problem though. It was there before the GGG fight, and very much doubt its not there in the rematch.

One thing that surprised me (a lot) in the first fight was how much Canelo was moving in the first round of the first fight. Given his stamina issues, I didn't expect him to be using so much energy early on. He then went on to do his rest-on-the-ropes routine as much as usual (showing great defence while there I might add), but then had enough gas to be taking it to GGG in the later rounds.

The question for me is how much of that extra stamina he seemed to have was boosted by the drug use, and if without it, he still has as much energy left at the end to capitalise like he did first time out.

Canelo's ace-in-the-hole while on the ropes is his uppercut as the opponent moves in. First fight Golovkin showed enough respect for that to stay at a distance where he couldn't really capitalise - the punches were coming from too far out and gave Canelo time to read them and avoid. If Golovkin moves into the uppercut-zone - Canelo will start landing it, but Golovkin will also be more likely to land heavy. Canelo won't be able to keep spinning out early as he won't have the gas to keep on hte move.

So for me the fight is won or lost when Golovkin closes the distance when Canelo takes his needed breaks on the ropes. Canelo might take the route of clinching, something he's rarely done before, but that's not his style, and I even wonder if he knows how to clinch effectively.

I'm guessing Golovkin's side has really studied and worked hard on those on-the-ropes moments, and so has Canelo's side. So fully expecting Golovkin to close the distance - maybe not every time - maybe in/out with no readable pattern - and Canelo to be trained for that.

Result will be more damaging punches landing over the 12, but both likely to get clocked good.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
          As much as I dislike Khan's BS, if I was in his position I'd be suspecting Canelo wasn't clean in his fight too
          It’s not like it takes much to flatten Khan. It’s doubtful Canelo was on anything, had he he Khan wouldn’t have made it out round one....now that I think about it Prescott HAD to be on something because he knocked Khan out in one round

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
            Your bet ? I guess you like sure things !

His line of.....

Khan, like Golovkin, says the Mexican boxer has likely been taking clenbuterol for much longer than he's actually claiming.

....is clearly meant to imply that Canelo was on clen during his fight with Khan, therefore Khan's loss is tainted.

The point about how Canelo performs without the clen has been raised in this forum countless times, by me and others, and we just don't know. We find out on the night.

A year inactivity is also a doubt - remember Walters blaming his 11 month inactivity on his performance against Loma ? But then again, Golovkin's activity hasn't been that much greater, except the couple of rounds with Vanes, and Canelo isn't Walters. But regardless, you don't get better by not fighting.

I've kind of ignored the knee surgery as being minor and not affecting anything, but maybe I'm wrong.

Then the question of how another year older might have affected Golovkin. The number of questions going into this fight make it interesting.

But I think we all see the change in Canelo's physique. Look back at the photos leading up to the first fight where he looks really jacked - they were taking a ton of them and giving him the full male-model treatment. Then consider the absence of any photos like that this time (has he even taken his shirt off once yet ? I'm sure he has, just haven't seen any...and don't particularly want a search for 'Canelo with shirt off' in my browsing history).

I'm guessing he'll be lighter and faster this time out, but less resistant to hits, so a question of whether he can stick and move the entire 12. If he stands and trades - he loses, but he's smarter than that.
            Browsing Search for Canelo with shirt off .😂😂😂😂😂😂 I think you could just about get away with it but a searching history for Golovkin with his shirt off is inexcusable

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              I agree with what you say. Lets not forget Canelo's perrenial stamina problem though. It was there before the GGG fight, and very much doubt its not there in the rematch.

One thing that surprised me (a lot) in the first fight was how much Canelo was moving in the first round of the first fight. Given his stamina issues, I didn't expect him to be using so much energy early on. He then went on to do his rest-on-the-ropes routine as much as usual (showing great defence while there I might add), but then had enough gas to be taking it to GGG in the later rounds.

The question for me is how much of that extra stamina he seemed to have was boosted by the drug use, and if without it, he still has as much energy left at the end to capitalise like he did first time out.

Canelo's ace-in-the-hole while on the ropes is his uppercut as the opponent moves in. First fight Golovkin showed enough respect for that to stay at a distance where he couldn't really capitalise - the punches were coming from too far out and gave Canelo time to read them and avoid. If Golovkin moves into the uppercut-zone - Canelo will start landing it, but Golovkin will also be more likely to land heavy. Canelo won't be able to keep spinning out early as he won't have the gas to keep on hte move.

So for me the fight is won or lost when Golovkin closes the distance when Canelo takes his needed breaks on the ropes. Canelo might take the route of clinching, something he's rarely done before, but that's not his style, and I even wonder if he knows how to clinch effectively.

I'm guessing Golovkin's side has really studied and worked hard on those on-the-ropes moments, and so has Canelo's side. So fully expecting Golovkin to close the distance - maybe not every time - maybe in/out with no readable pattern - and Canelo to be trained for that.

Result will be more damaging punches landing over the 12, but both likely to get clocked good.
              Good analysis bro

Comment

I actually agreed with him for once. I’m even surprised that he admits that Canelo beat him.

Comment

Any person in a combat sport who uses a form of PED should be jailed never mind being banned. He could have killed Khan that night, the 20lb weight advantage wasn't enough for ginger bollox he had to use Clenbuterol to maintain his muscle mass whilst cutting fat. Its also a masking agent so who knows what else was in his system, he is an utter disgrace to boxing.

Gotta feel for Khan thats twice he's gone up against drug cheats, both his losses should be over turned at least....

Comment

I have Canelo winning the fight just because he's the younger fighter and plus he can't afford to lose after being popped for Roids that'll be a double hit to his ego and maybe his legacy. So I think Canelo uses that as extra incentive to get the job done.
                    Last edited by AdonisCreed; 09-13-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      So the fact that he's a redhead and considered to have fair colored hair and its been shown that this particular type of hair makes it difficult for the tests to actually be as accurate as it would be and yet they found "trace" amounts doesn't set off any alarms?

Here is a scientific paper on that..look at the last sentences of page one and the first few sentences of page two....: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e19...654063f0b3.pdf

Make of it what you will but that's scientific data
                      Furthermore They do a hair test like a month after he pissed dirty twice. Using knee surgery as an excuse. Thank you for breaking it down about the hair follicle test with light hair. Some of these fan boys have been in denial bout that. Saying that test proves it was tainted meat he ate caused the first two dirty test.

Comment

Working...
                      X