E3 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    Same. Walking dead always has so much potential but can’t get it right
    I have to get into watching these other videos, been to busy with work and school. Perhaps they'll get my hopes up now that I know I won't be spending money on the Walking Dead game

Comment

I thought EA was offensively bad, the Sony conference was a disappointment and that Ubisoft was mediocre, but everyone else had a good E3, and I thought Nintendo and Microsoft had great E3s. Really looking forward to DMC 5 and Sekiro as well as Deus X Machina, Nintendo's new mech game that looks a lot like Armored Core.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I have to get into watching these other videos, been to busy with work and school. Perhaps they'll get my hopes up now that I know I won't be spending money on the Walking Dead game
        idk when death stranding comes out but that and red dead 2 are gonna make me get a ps4

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
          I thought EA was offensively bad, the Sony conference was a disappointment and that Ubisoft was mediocre, but everyone else had a good E3, and I thought Nintendo and Microsoft had great E3s. Really looking forward to DMC 5 and Sekiro as well as Deus X Machina, Nintendo's new mech game that looks a lot like Armored Core.
          What makes you think Sony had a disappointing E3 and Microsoft had a great one?

You seem to be in the minority here.

I felt Sony didn't have to do much in terms of showcasing many games because in terms of quality, they have THE BEST games. Microsoft has been awful this generation. Most of the games they showcased were multiplats. The new gaming studios are most likely for next gen anyway.

Forza Horizon a good game for a niche market.
          Gears 5 looks solid.
          Sekiro looks good.

That has nothing on what Sony is bringing to the table though.

Last of Us 2 absolutely blew me away
          Death Stranding is going to be a amazing mind****
          Ghost of... looks absolutely gorgeous and seamless when it comes to combat
          Spiderman footage looks brilliant

I think it was a solid conference from Microsoft and it shows they are moving in the right direction but let's not kid ourselves, if we are talking about the present and just games....Sony won hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            What makes you think Sony had a disappointing E3 and Microsoft had a great one?

You seem to be in the minority here.

I felt Sony didn't have to do much in terms of showcasing many games because in terms of quality, they have THE BEST games. Microsoft has been awful this generation. Most of the games they showcased were multiplats. The new gaming studios are most likely for next gen anyway.

Forza Horizon a good game for a niche market.
            Gears 5 looks solid.
            Sekiro looks good.

That has nothing on what Sony is bringing to the table though.

Last of Us 2 absolutely blew me away
            Death Stranding is going to be a amazing mind****
            Ghost of... looks absolutely gorgeous and seamless when it comes to combat
            Spiderman footage looks brilliant

I think it was a solid conference from Microsoft and it shows they are moving in the right direction but let's not kid ourselves, if we are talking about the present and just games....Sony won hands down.
            The Last of Us' gameplay was nothing we've not seen before in other games and in addition looked incredibly scripted and fake, if the actual game plays like that it could be impressive but I highly doubt it. I also didn't care for the forced lesbian subplot they shoved right in everybody's face, and to be honest I've just never been that impressed by the Last of Us in general, it has a good story but the gameplay is full of tedious and cliched design. The same goes for Ghosts of Tsushima, while the graphics and soundtrack were impressive, the gameplay they showed looked choreographed and unnatural, plus it clearly has boring Assassin's Creed / Arkham style controls. Sekiro looks like a far superior samurai game. Death Stranding's gameplay showed almost nothing, Kojima's continuing mission to keep people guessing in the dark has gone from charming to downright annoying. It's been three years since the game was first revealed and all we know about the gameplay is that you walk and have a gun, which I presume you'll be allowed to shoot at some point, but we don't actually even know that. I'll give them the fact that it got better towards the end, the Spiderman demo was great, in addition Nioh 2's confirmation and the reveal of Control were highlights. However, this is after they wasted nearly half an hour with crusty old men playing flutes and banjos and waiting for the couple of hundred people in the live crowd to move from one stage to another for god knows what reason while the millions watching around the world were left twiddling their thumbs. I was just sat there wondering where the videogames were while bored to tears. Meanwhile Microsoft were just making constant reveals, including several highly anticipated titles, without missing a beat and just had a much slicker, more impressive, more professional presentation. Honestly I think you've got to be insanely biased to think Sony beat Microsoft this year, I own a PS4 and don't own an Xbox and I think Microsoft kicked Sony's ass all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              The Last of Us' gameplay was nothing we've not seen before in other games and in addition looked incredibly scripted and fake, if the actual game plays like that it could be impressive but I highly doubt it. I also didn't care for the forced lesbian subplot they shoved right in everybody's face, and to be honest I've just never been that impressed by the Last of Us in general, it has a good story but the gameplay is full of tedious and cliched design. The same goes for Ghosts of Tsushima, while the graphics and soundtrack were impressive, the gameplay they showed looked choreographed and unnatural, plus it clearly has boring Assassin's Creed / Arkham style controls. Sekiro looks like a far superior samurai game. Death Stranding's gameplay showed almost nothing, Kojima's continuing mission to keep people guessing in the dark has gone from charming to downright annoying. It's been three years since the game was first revealed and all we know about the gameplay is that you walk and have a gun, which I presume you'll be allowed to shoot at some point, but we don't actually even know that. I'll give them the fact that it got better towards the end, the Spiderman demo was great, in addition Nioh 2's confirmation and the reveal of Control were highlights. However, this is after they wasted nearly half an hour with crusty old men playing flutes and banjos and waiting for the couple of hundred people in the live crowd to move from one stage to another for god knows what reason while the millions watching around the world were left twiddling their thumbs. I was just sat there wondering where the videogames were while bored to tears. Meanwhile Microsoft were just making constant reveals, including several highly anticipated titles, without missing a beat and just had a much slicker, more impressive, more professional presentation. Honestly I think you've got to be insanely biased to think Sony beat Microsoft this year, I own a PS4 and don't own an Xbox and I think Microsoft kicked Sony's ass all the same.
              Microsoft were not really revealing any console selling exclusives though. I'm a PC gamer primarily, I have a PS4 and have been looking for any reason since 2013 to pick up an Xbox but they have no exclusives outside of Gears which is not what it once was and Halo. I was actually really interested in Sunset Overdrive at one point to be fair.

I thought the Last of Us music opening made the whole thing more epic and those who I have spoken to think the same to be fair. I've been checking quite a few videos on YouTube from YouTube gaming channels, reading articles on most of the big gaming sites, gaming reddit and majority of them have a similar opinion to me too, good conference from Microsoft, step in the right direction but where are your exclusives? How do you expect to beat Sony when you are just advertising multi-plats for the most part?

If you've never been into The Last of Us then you're into different kinds of games to me as that's one of my most favourite games EVER. The single player had me thinking about the game even when I wasn't playing it. It had simple but pretty effective gameplay imo...kind of the charm to it. It was still smooth and not clunky.

The whole conference lasted just over an hour and they managed to show the big hitters outside of Red Dead. That's what I tuned in for, that's what I got. Microsoft's one was really good this year too but why is it that Microsoft still has nothing in the pipeline other than sequels and third-party multi-plat titles to showcase?

I'm puzzled to how you didn't find TLOU2 aesthetically brilliant and atmospheric. Sekiro looks pretty good but did it catch your eye and leave you in awe like Ghosts of Tsushima? Why do all of these Sony games look so flawless visually? One year ago, most people thought Death Stranding looked utterly beautiful, TLOU2/Ghosts of Tsushima have even surpassed that so far.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X