Pickem League: Money Edition Potential Rules Voting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    The current rules are fine by me.

One possible change, though, could be to have three categories of winning by decision: very close, close, and wide.

Just to match the three "result detail" categories of winning by KO.
    I agree. Close, Wide, and Dominant like BoxRec does.
    Close: 115-113 or 116-112 (1-12 points)
    Wide: 117-111 or 118-110 (13-24 points)
    Dominant: 119-109 or 120-108 (25-36 points)

Also eliminate the draw option, make people pick a winner. Draw, like a no contest, should result in 0 points for the entire league.

8 multipliers seems like a lot unless we are gonna do at least one fight a week. I think the original two 3x and three 2x was enough.

Comment

Does everyone start from zero? Or will some of the fights that have happened this year count towards this version of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Whats an example of the particulars of such a rule change?

12pts difference is wide now. Under 12pts is close now.
        Ummm. It's not a terrible idea, though probably unnecessary IMO.

If you were gonna do it you could split <12, 12 - 24, >24, but I think <6, 6 - 18 and >18 is probably a more selective and subtle split for these purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I like three options, but dominant seems too f#cking dominant to me lol. And Close seems to drift too wide to me too so I like Shoulder's idea better its just about where you decide to draw the lines.

Also eliminate the draw option, make people pick a winner. Draw, like a no contest, should result in 0 points for the entire league.
          Agree with this for sure. How many people even pick a draw in a typical season?

Although I think everyone who made a pick should get some points vs 0pts. Maybe 10pts (half the pts of picking the right winner) & maybe even give some points to the people who picked a decision + a close decision specifically.

8 multipliers seems like a lot unless we are gonna do at least one fight a week. I think the original two 3x and three 2x was enough.
          I'm up for anything with the multipliers. I think they bring a nice lil fun game changer to picking the fights, but I wouldn't be mad if they didn't exist at all.

Another interesting topic will be what fights to include or not include btw. If I had any major problem with the regular game its the fights that often get picked or not picked to be included in the game. I think thats something that should be nailed down before this game starts too. I think there should be clear & concise guidelines on what fights are gonna be included. Like as soon as a fight gets announced you're automatically gonna know it will or won't be a pickem fight.

Since this is gonna be a game thats likely to have harder core fans who watch more fights I think there is the ability to potentially include more fights that the regular game wouldn't include. But thats up for discussion & I'd be curious what opinions others have on this.

Where people are living might be important to take into account with this too. If we got a nice % of UK cats I'd like to see more UK fights included at whatever level of fights we are using for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Does everyone start from zero? Or will some of the fights that have happened this year count towards this version of the game?
            My choice would be we start where we start & go for 12mos.

Thinking outloud mid Feb. or March 1 seems like doable start by dates once things get figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

This ^. Either eliminate the draw or maybe use the modified split I suggested but include the DRAW in the VERY CLOSE result.

0 - 6 Pts (inc DRAW)
              7 - 18 Pts
              19 - 36 Pts

I think this may work better simply because anything over 18 points is pretty much a runaway win anyway, whereas at the bottom end the more subtle gradation between very close and close but clear could split the picks better. Just a thought.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-28-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Okay. Anyone got any opinions on what ShoulderRoll is suggesting? Good, bad or indifferent? Or specifics on his very close option?

For me I kinda like it, but specifically with the example I think very close should be closer than just less then 8pts. Like maybe it would be under 4, 5 or 6pts &/or any majority & split decision & maybe push out close a lil more, a point or two?, then everything 13 or 14pts difference plus is wide.

And this is all just thinking outloud & feeling out potential new ideas & seeing what people think & what sticks. No idea is good or bad, well this is NSB so I'm sure someone will have a sh^tf#ckingawful idea soon, but you get my point.

Yea I'm with you guys. I'm curious at new ideas, but I do like Bob's rules to work off of primarily.
                Very close at 6 pts or less close 7-12 and wide beyond 13+ doesn’t sound bad. Makes sense bc you have a 3 choice model for ko detail. Are we getting any closer on “buy in” $?

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  Very close at 6 pts or less close 7-12 and wide beyond 13+ doesn’t sound bad. Makes sense bc you have a 3 choice model for ko detail.
                  Yea I think that could be something worth playing around with. I think it makes more sense than the current method & is superior to what they do on Boxrec. I'd like to see more cats yay or nay it doe.

Are we getting any closer on “buy in” $?
                  Man that is probably the 2nd biggest issue to the escrow one cuz its spread out pretty wide. Here's the list of what people are saying they are willing to pay for an entry fee:

*TonyMontana*, $100
                  NC Uppercut, $50-$100
                  Fetta, $10-$100
                  FinitoxDinamita, $10-$100
                  Eff Pandas, $10-$100
                  Motorcity Cobra, $50
                  Szef, $50
                  hhs661, $20-$50
                  BrometheusBob., $10-$50
                  OnlyBeingHonest, $50
                  Koba-Grozny, $25
                  -MEGA-, $20
                  mlac, $15
                  Pigeons, $10
                  Rampad, Interested, haven't stated $
                  -Kev-, Interested, haven't stated $
                  ShoulderRoll, Interested, haven't stated $
                  A.K, Interested, haven't stated $

So 18 people interested so far. 4 idk what they are willing to get in for.

Of the 14 who've stated an opinion.

5 max out at $100
                  5 max out at $50
                  4 are in at the $10-$25 level

Thats why I was suggesting having entry fee levels to have max people in without requiring people to make a decision on throwing more then they are comfortable with or not be involved.

We would have a $500 prize pool at a $100 entry fee with only 5 players.

We would have a $500 prize pool at a $50 entry fee with 10 players.

Or we would have a combined $740 prize pool ($140/$400/$200) with a 3 tiered entry fee ($10, $50 & $100) with 14 players.

Comment

Yea I think that could be something worth playing around with. I think it makes more sense than the current method & is superior to what they do on Boxrec. I'd like to see more cats yay or nay it doe.

Man that is probably the 2nd biggest issue to the escrow one cuz its spread out pretty wide. Here's the list of what people are saying they are willing to pay for an entry fee:

*TonyMontana*, $100
                    NC Uppercut, $50-$100
                    Fetta, $10-$100
                    FinitoxDinamita, $10-$100
                    Eff Pandas, $10-$100
                    Motorcity Cobra, $50
                    Szef, $50
                    hhs661, $20-$50
                    BrometheusBob., $10-$50
                    OnlyBeingHonest, $50
                    Koba-Grozny, $25
                    -MEGA-, $20
                    mlac, $15
                    Pigeons, $10
                    Rampad, Interested, haven't stated $
                    -Kev-, Interested, haven't stated $
                    ShoulderRoll, Interested, haven't stated $
                    A.K, Interested, haven't stated $

So 18 people interested so far. 4 idk what they are willing to get in for.

Of the 14 who've stated an opinion.

5 max out at $100
                    5 max out at $50
                    4 are in at the $10-$25 level

Thats why I was suggesting having entry fee levels to have max people in without requiring people to make a decision on throwing more then they are comfortable with or not be involved.

We would have a $500 prize pool at a $100 entry fee with only 5 players.

We would have a $500 prize pool at a $50 entry fee with 10 players.

Or we would have a combined $740 prize pool ($140/$400/$200) with a 3 tiered entry fee ($10, $50 & $100) with 14 players.
                    Let’s try and bump the thread until tomorrow night and see if there is more people. I know I go a day or two without looking at BS, due to work and fam. After another day let’s pin down a figure and try to start up before the Feb/March fights really start swinging. Cool? That’ll also give us enough time to get escrow fixed up too

Comment

As far as the entry fee I'm down for $100.

Comment

Working...
                      X